CHAPTER◾FIVE

.•°*°•.
ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ |FIVE|

_____________________________
__________________

"Without me, without you, much worst without us."

________________
_______________________________

Laurent

Its been almost a month when I started working in Mr.Knights company, everything had been working accordingly. I've managed to salvage our house and some of our properties with the help of my own hard work now that my income had increased since I've been put in a position as an acting VP for awhile, which I'm aiming to fully achieve after the deal is sealed and if I've managed to convince his grandson about the company.

Catriona and I became good friends not fully friends like having a sleepover to each others house or a having girls night out type of friend, were just friends at work she told me also that she had a sister who had the same line of work like her a 'receptionist' her name is Cathy, it doesn't took me long enough for a fool to comprehend on who is Cathy. The conniving bitch who works to the previous company I was employed with.

They were total polar opposites.

Catriona is more hostile and had manners while Cathy she looks like she doesn't even knew the real meaning of work etiquettes.

'Kay enough of them I have a great news.

Alex Cooper my roommate is also working in Mr.Knights company.

Yeah. Alex!

We were talking a lot of things and I didn't have a time or chance to asked about the company he was working with, I only knew when morning finally came and we both were preparing for our official first day at work. He had offered me a ride to my workplace since he had brought his new bought car, when I told him the address turns out we were heading in the same place and company. We were laughing our ass off by the time we reached the place how small the world really is. We both were given a tour all around the company by Catriona from ground floor to the top floors where we are only allowed in.

The only thing that we both remembered is the cafeteria floor damn the place was big and free food. Who would forget that.

At the end of the day I've found out that Alex was promoted in this company as CFO of the company. Upon knowing his position I pondered if Alex was actually a big time to be promoted in such position.

And all he says was 'Just hard work babe.'

Hard work. Yeah.

Mr.Knights rarely comes at his office due to complications to his health. The last time I met him he was discussing about his health conditions that is getting worse in each passing day that he had to move much earlier his retirement and turn over ceremony, which is basically tomorrow.

I've prepared myself on what is going to happen tomorrow and the rest of the years that I will spent my ass off working with his grandson. He had told me both bad and good things about his grandson.

Saying the same thing again on why he had chosen me but he added this time that 'I was more different, unlike any other successful businesswoman'.