Chapter 7 - What the Heart Wants

It's been the same for three weeks. Jungkook always comes back to my bed at night, but not always when I'm awake. During the days when we actually have free time, he plays games with Taehyung, and on weekends when we go out as a group, he still spends most of his time talking to Taehyung; laughing and joking about their common interest. I was a third wheel now... Taehyung was no longer the other person, I was. I knew I was in their way, it was clear to me that they would be happier together.

Two weeks ago, I had gotten a glimpse of hope when Jungkook didn't leave our room right away. He was all hands, all over me; kissing, touching, rubbing me in places he normally didn't. It was amazing and just what I needed to be reassured that he was mine. He had pulled me into his lap and taken me hard. In that moment, everything was better, but right after, he cleaned up and left... off to join Taehyung. Was I being used to relieve frustrations being built by Tae? I started off feeling loved and wanted, but when he left, I only felt used and tossed aside.

It was time to let him go. I didn't want to, and it hurt so bad I thought I'd never stop crying, but it was the right thing to do. In time, I hoped to be okay, maybe I would be alright knowing he was happier with him.

We were just finishing up filming, everything was being wrapped up and we were being led to the shuttle to take us back to the company building. I would do it as soon as we got home, no point in putting it off. The sooner I break it off, the sooner I can try to move on and he can finally be happy.

"Hey... Everything okay with you?", Yoongi asked when we got inside.

"No, but I'm going to make it right today."

"Good. You've been looking like shit for the last couple weeks."

"Thanks... I feel like shit, too."

"Jimin, wait... I'm sorry I didn't say anything sooner. We've been so busy, and I don't get out of the studio till so late."

"It's fine, hyung, I know you are busy working on the new music."

"That's not really an excuse... I'm just bad with these kinds of things, but I'm here if you need to talk."

"I know. Thank you."

"Hang in there, it will get better."

"I know it will... it's just going to take time." I don't think we were on the same page anymore, but I didn't want to burden him with my troubles. Maybe after I broke it off I would go talk to him.

"That's right, everything in life is a learning experience. Not all lessons are easy or enjoyable."

"I'm seeing that. I promise to come talk to you if I get overwhelmed."

"Good. Goodluck.", he gave me a one armed hug and walked off with Namjoon when he came in.

Taking a deep breath, I went to our room to find Jungkook getting changed.

"Hey..."

"Oh, hi hyung!"

There was that sweet smile... I hated that it wasn't going to be for me anymore. Fighting back my emotions, I took his hand.

"Do you have a minute?"

"I was about to log in and do a dungeon with Taehyung..."

My eyes narrowed as I turned my head from him.

"This is important. Take a walk with me, okay?"

"A walk?? I'll be late to the run!", he whined.

"A short walk... then you won't have to worry about being held up again."