Shattered Soul

Damn it.

The dog had gotten away before he could retrieve the artifact, and this time he wouldn't be able to predict where it would go. It could be anywhere.

At least Papyrus showed up just at the right moment, and the fact that he had the human with him meant that this time he could make absolutely sure there'd definitely be no more resets. He would use the opportunity to finish what he started and make sure they were dead. Sans wouldn't let them go, not when he was under the direct influence of his hand and when he killed the human it would provide him with some much needed EXP.

Convincing Papyrus to play by his book wouldn't be too difficult, Gaster predicted. Even without the hands. His endless pursuit of integrity would make him easy to manipulate.

He dodged another teal spear and sought cover from the many more coming behind a tree. The captain was stubbornly chasing after him. She gracefully avoided every attempt he made of trying to get her with his hands. Knowing what could happen to her, she didn't let her guard down even once. Thankfully, despite her superior strength he proved to be more limber than her. At least when she was in this state of rage. But rage could potentially be a good thing for him. The angrier she got, the more likely was it for her to lose her focus and drop her guard. He just needed to hold on for longer than she.

A few bones, shining with a blue light appeared in front of him. He hurled them blindly behind him, hoping at least one would hit her. It was hard to determine if it did. He still didn't look back. Even if she was hit, she clearly didn't let it stop her. But he wasn't worried, not yet. Because there was still something he could try.

The hand he used to control her earlier was still holding a bright white light in the hollow space within the palm. Much like the Temmie from before, he suspected it to store a part of her magic in it. It had even left the Temmie from before completely immobilized. Thought it was unlikely to happen to Undyne since she was so much stronger, maybe it would temporarily stun her at least.

As Undyne got closer he braced himself to run and put a little more distance between them, but suddenly his soul lit up with a fierce green light and he couldn't have moved an inch any longer.
When he listened, waiting for her to come closer he could hear her steps suddenly stopped. But he could still hear the crackling of tangible magic very close. Another spear no doubt. Her attacks were actually getting monotone.

"I've got you now. I hope you're better at defending yourself than you are at hiding. If I were you, I'd like to do down with at least some dignity left. But maybe it's too late for you anyway, considering what you've done."

"Oh. You're going to kill me?" asked with a tense form of amusement in his voice. She still hadn't noticed that he held a part of her magic. Would that even be possible for her to notice that?

"Maybe I will, maybe I won't. Despite how much I think you deserve to die right here, right now, you should be brought to justice first. You know, be given a chance. But then again, you didn't give me a chance before, did you? Or Frisk, or Sans?" she spat. There was no mistaking the disgust in her voice as a great look of bitterness swept across her face. She took one step closer. "There is nowhere you can hide from me. You can't run, and even if you could you can't dodge my spears. You can't get away. So why don't you just give up?"

"I'm not done yet. I have things that need to be done."

"Is that what you think?"

"Yes," he replied directly.

Another wave of magical bones appeared and was directed at her. He could hear her jumping and working to get out of the way.

As she stumbled he triggered the hand which contained her magic. The white light flickered brightly inside the hand. He turned his head as far as he could to try to get a look at what happened. To his delight, her whole face scrunched up as her legs caved in under her. She dropped the spear and braced herself with her hands on the ground. The green magic on his soul was dispelled and he was able to move again.