Deux

It was a Friday, a quiet night, the stars shinning and winking at the land below. Entering Beacon Hills, 2 black cars in single formation, with two helicopters above the cars. Speeding down the road, all the cars headed to the preserve. Stopping at the foot of the woods, all car doors opened reveling 8 people in total. The trio of best friends had stepped out of one car, and another four coming out of the other car. The helicopters had gone ahead, with their flashlight looking through the woods. The cold breeze had pushed against the seven, making Silas shiver.

"You're supernatural, yet you get cold" Jade said smirking

Silas narrowed his eyes at her "Well I'm sorry, but I'm not a corpse" Jade flipped him off at that statement.

"So, the Nemeton here, it's corrupted?" HE asked.

"Yes, a darach named Jennifer Blake used its power to aid her. She used a Druid Five-Fold Knot ritual for sacrifices." One of the Elite answered

Silas had looked at the woods, he was most familiar with the woods. Even though he wasn't a werewolf, he still considered the woods his home. Silas started to walk into the woods, remembering turns and familiar trees that haven't changed in years.

"Come on, I know where the Nemeton is" After that statement, he walked into the woods, the others looking at each other, then started to follow him. Walking through the woods, Silas felt them whispering to him, guiding him to the Nemeton, remembering certain trees, the breeze pushing him towards it.

Coming to a clearing, there was a large stump, Silas stopped. His best friends had stopped while the other four continued, surrounding the stump, with HIM right in front of it.

"Wow, I was expecting a full grown tree, not a stump" HE said, sounding disappointed

"Well you didn't ask." Silas said while rolling his eyes

The helicopters had arrived then, shining their lights at the stump, prompting all of them to look up. Rope was thrown out of one helicopter, a figure cloaked in black carrying a small case, sliding down the rope, and reaching the ground. Discarding the cloak, it revealed to be Laurel.

 Discarding the cloak, it revealed to be Laurel

"Not bad." Laurel had said, walking towards Silas and handing him the case.

"Thank you Laurel" Silas had opened the case, and three parts were disassembled. Reassembling the pieces, the final product was a flute, a very simple, modern flute.

 Reassembling the pieces, the final product was a flute, a very simple, modern flute

Putting it to his face, he warmed up, playing a simple scale. After playing, he waited for something.

"Are you gonna-" HE was going to ask something, but Jade cut him off

"Quiet!"

Hearing the breeze, and the swaying of trees in the background, he put the flute to his face, and began to play. The beautiful notes became in sync with nature itself. The piece was made for a Goddess rising. As he was playing, the stump appeared to glow blue, responding to the music, its roots rising up, and making the ground shake like an earthquake.

10 minutes later, the music stops, and nature itself seemed to calm itself.

"Look, the Nemeton." Silas had said, making them all turn around, and look at the changes of the Nemeton.

The tree had become massive, and it's leaves were of a blue that shined during the moonlight

The tree had become massive, and it's leaves were of a blue that shined during the moonlight. It towered all of the surrounding trees, and it gave off a blue light, shining within the bark, its bioluminescence attracting insects.

"Incredible" Laurel had said in awe.

"Beautiful" HE had said in awe as well

The others had stared in astouinshment, while Silas had looked in the darkness of the woods, getting an off feeling that they were being watched. Looking closely, he notice red and golden eyes, peering at them. Getting shivers down his spine, he looked towards the others, who were still staring at the Nemeton.

"Guys-" He was cut off when loud growling was heard.

They all looked in the direction of the growling, noticing the red and golden eyes.