chapter 5

Sesshomaru stopped the group abruptly beside a stream. The sun was going down and Tom was getting restless. Bella could tell the wolf was wanting to take over.

Princess laid down looking exhausted and immediately fell asleep.

Bella looked up at the sky as they stopped. The moon was starting to become visible. "the blood moon shouldn't be until tomorrow" she said looking over at Tom in worry.

"Tell him that' Tom growled out. she knew he wasn't trying to be mean about it, but he was clearly in pain and having a hard time fighting with the wolf. Tom had a tight grip on his leg, she was almost afraid he was going to break it.

Princess picked her head up and looked over worriedly.

Bella walked over to where Sesshomaru had laid down under a tree. "Lord Sesshomaru?" she said hesitantly.

Sesshomaru opened his eyes and looked up at her expectantly.

"I was just wondering. since you would know more about this stuff than I would. could this trip be affecting my dad. It seems like his blood moon form is going to take over now instead of when the blood moon should be" She explained.

Sesshomaru looked over at where Tom was at laying on the ground. "it is a possibility. without talking to the beast I would not know. but since he is in closer proximity of demons it would make sense that he is reacting to it" Sesshomaru replied. "tell why does he only come out on a blood moon?" he questioned.

Bella looked puzzled at his question and looked over at Tom. "I-I don't know" she replied.

"My...My mom" Tom said still fighting with the demon inside him and growled a bit in pain. "They locked him up. Because...I couldn't control him....but on the red moon.....the spell they used to lock him up is weakened and he can get out" Tom explained having heard the demon lord's question.

Sesshomaru looked over at him and then closed his eyes again. "then there would be your answer" He said. "if what you say is correct and he is an INU then the demon won't rest until he has at least found a pack. most INU's cannot go without living in a pack" he explained.

Bella looked at Sesshomaru puzzled. "but my lord...you are without a pack?" she said puzzled.

"that is incorrect" Sesshomaru replied but did not say anything else.

Bella looked over at Tom worriedly. "so he will be alright then?" she questioned. "wait...wouldn't I will be in his pack...I am his daughter?" she said looking over at Sesshomaru, however she didn't get an answer as she found that he was asleep.

She crossed her arms with a huff and sat down in thought. *I was trying to learn all this stuff a long time ago. but after I was cut off from this place...I couldn't find anything on Inu's* she thought to her self as she pulled the bag out from her pocket. She opened it up and searched in the side of it for a moment. when she found what she was searching for she pulled it out and looked over at the stream.

"at least now it will have flavor" she muttered putting the bag back into her pocket and took off her boots and set them to the side. She walked over to the water and walked in halfway being as careful as she could and waited.

Tom looked over at her curiously. "what are you doing?" he asked puzzled.

"trying...to catch some fish" she replied as she grabbed hold of a fish and tossed it over to land beside Tom. Tom pulled out a knife and stabbed it in the head causing it to go still and die.

Bella went completely still once again and looked around waiting for another one. her head shot up hearing something coming. Tom tensed up ridged and growled looking towards the trees. Princess stood up her fur raised staring at the trees.