chapter 9

Bella walked out of the bathroom just as Zura was walking back towards the bathroom. Bella had Sesshomaru's pelt wrapped around her. Zura was holding a Kimono.

Bella looked at it in wonder and sighed a bit

She slipped the pelt off her and allowed Zura to help her get dressed. "I want to see my father now," she said once the pelt was once again wrapped around her self. She turned and walked out.

Zura leads her through the castle and to the medical area of the palace. Bella walked into the medical room and looked around. Almost immediately Bella spotted Tom laying on a mat with the demon medic setting next to him.

Princess lay on the mat just beside him.

"Cleo My lady wishes to see her father" Zura explained. Bella looked over at the medical demon, Cleo, and saw that she had the attributes of a kitsune or a fox.

"your father is a strong one" Cleo commented.

"he is stubborn too" Bella replied as she sat down beside the matt that Tom was laying on. "is he going to be alright?" She asked looking up at Cleo.

"Oh yes...most of the poison is already out of his system" Cleo replied. "he woke up once but he went back to sleep just a few moments ago" Cleo explained.

"does he need to stay here or...can I take him?" Bella inquired as she looked up at the kitsune.

"it should be safe enough. But call on me should he start to get worse" Cleo replied. Bella gave a nod. "thank you" she said as she reached over picking up the pup and held him close. She stood up and walked out with Zura and princess.

"where would you like to go now, my lady?" Zura asked.

"back to my room" Bella replied as she followed her down the hallway, however she wasn't really paying attention to where she was going.

Bella looked up hearing someone calling out. She looked around and saw an Inu demoness walking towards them.

Princess gave a warning growl as she walked forward.

"so you are the human that Lord Sesshomaru keeps around as a pet huh?" She said with a sneer.

Bella gave a polite bow of acknowledgment. "If that is how you see it, then yes. I am" She replied as she ran a hand through princess's fur.

"I thought you would be...smaller" The Inu demon scowled and then saw the pup in Bella's hands.

"what are you doing with a pup!" She growled as she reached out snatching Tom from her arms causing Tom to jolt awake and yelp in shock. "a lowly human like you should never be near the pups! how dare you take him from his mother!" the inu snarled.

Princess snarled and snapped at the Inu aggressively.

Tom looked around puzzled and his eyes landed on Bella. He could smell the blood and he began to growl as his eyes turned red.

Bella looked down at her arm where the bitch had scratched her arm. it was bleeding. She looked up at the inu and glared.

"Heidi!"

The girls turned to see who spoke. Bella's heart began racing hearing Sesshomaru's voice.

"My lord!" They responded in greeting as he approached.

"give the pup back," Sesshomaru said coldly.

"but my lord. he needs to" Heidi started to say.

"Needs to rest and the best place he can be right now is with his daughter" Sesshomaru growled. Heidi stared up at him in shock.

"his...daughter...but" Heidi stammered out as Sesshomaru took the pup from her and handed Tom back over to Bella.

"thank you, Lord Sesshomaru," bella said with a bow. Tom growled lightly.

'Tom'

Tom looked around puzzled and then looked down and saw Princess staring up at him with a worried look. Tom tilts his head puzzled.

'watch it' Sesshomaru said looking at Tom who was glaring at Heidi like he was going to kill her.

Bella looked up at Sesshomaru questioningly. "what did he say?" she questioned puzzled.

"he has not said anything yet, he can understand us but he cannot communicate back until someone had taught him how" Sesshomaru explained. Bella looked distressed at that. "then they bound him far earlier than I thought" She said looking down at Tom worriedly. she sighed a bit.

"bound him!" Heidi exclaimed in alarm and looked at them completely unaware that they had already had this conversation in the throne room.

"leave her be," Sesshomaru said glaring at Heidi as he walked away. the group watched him walking away. Tom gave a bark that sounded like a squeak.

"I completely agree," Bella said looking puzzled.

Zura and Heidi looked at her puzzled.

"I have no idea what he said," Bella said blinking and looked at Zura. "Let'  ss just go" she sighed and continued walking down the hallway leaving a fuming Heidi behind.

Bella walked into her room and over to the 'bed', she sat down and put Tom on the 'bed'.

"how are you feeling?" She asked laying down and looked over at him.

Princess lay on the other side of Tom but where she could keep an eye on the door.

Tom tilted his head before giving a slight nod which she took as ann 'im ok'. She watched him curl up and lay down on the 'bed' She gave a smile and sighed as she looked up at the ceiling in thought. Why did Sesshomaru come to find me? kept running through her mind as she found her self dozing of eventually she had fallen asleep using the furred pelt as a blanket.

Tom looked up at her. he got up and walked over to her getting closer and curled up to her and fell asleep beside her.