Chapter 6

Bella stared up in horror as the large demon let out a howl before setting the trees on fire with a fire breath. "Get out of here!" Sesshomaru barked out before turning into a large, dog demon.

Sesshomaru's Inu-form was a lot larger than Tom's. Bella turned and ran off, taking princess with her not wanting to disobey the order that had been given to her.

The large black furred dog turned its attention on the white one and growled, looking at him curiously, and at the same time, considering him a threat.

Sesshomaru let out a growl, waiting impatiently until Bella had gotten to a safer location away from the two demons that were now squaring off.

Once she was far enough away, Sesshomaru pounced with the full intention of calming the beast down that was in front of him.

Tom how, however, quick and dodged him with ease.

*he has no control over this form* Sesshomaru thought to him himself in annoyance. Tom stared at him puzzled when he stopped his attack. Sesshomaru stood there staring at him. Tom growled as lunged forward, swiping at Sesshomaru.

sesshomaru swiped him away with his tail puzzled by the other demons' actions. *He has no pattern to his attacks.* sesshomaru thought to him himself is eyes narrowed. *he's acting like a pup* he added, watching as Tom got up, shaking his head after landing on the ground from being knocked over. Sesshomaru ducked quickly when Tom used his tail and uprooted a tree, throwing it at him.

Sesshomaru growled at him.

'That's enough!' he growled at Tom.

Tom snarled as he crouched down as if he was going to attack. However, he tilted his head as though responding to Sesshomaru's growl.

'What have you so riled?' sesshomaru demanded as he stepped forward. Tom growled warningly when he stepped forward. Sesshomaru used all his weight and knocked Tom over again, but this time stepping one of his large paws down onto Tom's neck, holding him down.

Tom yelped out and struggled to try to get freed and away from his hold.

Sesshomaru growled again in warning. 'Can you understand what I am saying to you?' Sesshomaru asked. Tom gave a slight nod as he tried to push himself up, however, yelped as Sesshomaru's claws dug into his neck.

'answer me,' Sesshomaru growled. he had seen Tom's nod, which he was relieved for. However, that was getting them nowhere as Tom wouldn't talk. A thought struck him, and he let go of Tom stepping back. 'Can you speak?' he asked, watching as Tom got up limping a bit.

Whines were all that came from the black furred Inu-demon. Sesshomaru let out a growl of frustration, causing Tom to inch away from him. 'relinquish control,' Sesshomaru commanded.

Tom stared at him and then shook his head. Sesshomaru snarled at the defiance. 'do not test me pup,' he growled. Tom's tail flicked angrily and looked around the place, wanting to get away from the irritated Inu.

Tom sniffed the air, catching onto a scent. 'No! pay attention!' Sesshomaru growled in annoyance as Tom started wandering away. He reached out and snapped his teeth down onto the black furred tail, causing Tom to yelp and turn with a snarl. Sesshomaru dragged Tom back over, causing the ground to shake and claw marks imprinted into the dirt. Sesshomaru looked around, letting go of Tom as he caught Bella's scent.

*damn it!* he thought as Tom knocked into him, causing him to stumble backward. Sesshomaru head-butted Tom in the side, making him stumbled. Sesshomaru used his tail and wrapped it around one of Toms legs, pulling him off his feet.

The ground shook as the large black furred demon hit the ground with a yelp.

'Stay down.' Sesshomaru snapped and looked around, trying to find Bella to make sure she was out of harm's way.

Tom sniffed the air and growled as he fought to get freed. His senses were being overwhelmed by everything around him. He whined, pawing at his muzzle.

Sesshomaru felt relief wash over him as the inu disappeared and turned back into a man who was now unconscious. Sesshomaru turned back to his humanoid form and stared down at Tom in thought.

moments later, Bella stumbled out of the trees and into sight, looking completely worn out with Princess at her side. "Lord...Sesshomaru," she managed to choke out before falling over. Sesshomaru darted over and caught her before she hit the ground. As he did so, he caught Naraku's scent.

Princess gave a whine and looked at the western lord.

'She will be fine,' Sesshomaru said reassuringly to the pregnant dog.

He laid bella down carefully beside Tom and pulled the furred pelt over the both of them masking their scents before he stood up turning carefully and walked away in the direction that the scent was coming from leaving them unconscious on the ground as he left to track down the demon who has caused so many problems for them. The same demon who attempted to kill Rin, Bella when she was younger.