chapter 8

The journey took three days and nights, but they finally made it to the palace. Tom was still in his pup form and it didn't seem like he was going to come out of it anytime soon so Bella was currently carrying him. Bella and Princess took turned to carry him. Tom was asleep for most of the trip.

Bella and Sesshomaru walked on past the guards. Bella staid close to Sesshomaru holding the belt tightly around her. She was very nervous as they walked into the throne room of the palace where they were met by a white-haired woman with a purple moon crescent on her forehead.

"what is this?" She asked sitting up straight in the throne as her eyes narrowed in on Bella and the pup.

"that's enough of that mother. This inu needs to be seen by a healer" Sesshomaru said shortly. A woman with long dark hair and jade green eyes stepped forward. she gave a bow. "my lord?" She said and turned towards Bella.

"May I?" she questioned. Bella looked up at Sesshomaru. once he gave her a nod she handed Tom over to the Demon healer. "is this your pup?" She questioned Bella. At that Princess gave a growl as if saying 'what does that matter'.

"He's my father," Bella said defensively. "There was an...incident with his...um" Bella looked up at Sesshomaru not sure how to explain it.

"a human seal his demon. He was recently released and reverted to this form" Sesshomaru explained. there were several gasps around the room. "because of this the demon is very volatile. even as a pup he is able to keep up with me in a fight" Sesshomaru explained. Princess smirked at that.

The woman sitting on the throne looked completely shocked. "do we know who he belongs to?" she questioned. "who are his parents?" she asked.

"if I may," Bella said quickly. "his parents were killed a long time ago. at least...that is what I was told my lady" bella gave a bow of the head.

"I detect poison within him" The demon healer spoke.

"my doing," Sesshomaru said.

"girl," the woman on the throne said as she turned her attention to Bella. Bella looked up at her quickly not wanting to anger her.

"you say this is your father correct?" the woman asked.

"yes, my lady" Bella replied.

"yet you resemble a human girl that my son allows to run around with," The woman said as she stood up and walked over. Bella tensed up.

Princess sensing her discomfort moved closer to her.

"I guess that would seem odd" Bella replied.

"Mother, enough" Sesshomaru said sharply. "come," he said as he turned on his heel and walked away.

Bella watched him and then looked over at Tom. She sighed and followed Sesshomaru trying to hide her concern. Sesshomaru lead her to a room.

Princess on the other had refused to leave Tom.

"you will stay in here. It is connected to my room should you need anything call on the servants" Sesshomaru explained.

"Zura," Sesshomaru stopped a young girl with feline features as she was passing by.

"yes my lord?" Zura questioned as she walked over and bowed.

"This is Bella. You will be her personal servant for the rest of her stay" Sesshomaru said coldly.

"of course my lord" Zura replied. Sesshomaru made his leave leaving the two girls only.

"please don't bow," Bella said pleadingly. Zura looked up at her in surprise and stood up.

"is there anything you need?" zura asked.

Bella gave a sigh. "just...show me where everything is and I'll be ok" she replied as she walked into her room and looked around. "oh wow!" she said in alarm taking in the room. The room was large. The room was more or less bare. To be honest she wasn't really shocked about that.

"here is the closet my lady" Zura said as she opened the closet up and showed her where there was a bunch of kimonos were at.

Bella walked over and stared at the kimonos in awe. "they are beautiful" she whispered. Zura looked at her slightly amused and walked over to another door. Bella followed her over. Her eyes widened in alarm.

"This is the bathing area" Zura explained.

"is this a..." Bella started to ask however was a bit hesitant.

"this is your own bathing area My lady" Zura said as if understanding her concern. "the higher up guests have their own whereas servants like us...we all have one bathroom we share" Zura explained.

Bella looked highly disturbed by the thought. "That is not right" she mumbled to her self shaking her head in disgust.

"would you like to bath now and change?" Zura asked. Bella looked around in thought. She sighed a bit.

"alright. and then I want to go see how my father is doing" Bella said.

"Your father?" Zura asked looking at her puzzled.

"He is with the healer right now. he was...there is something wrong with him" Bella explained sadly with a worried look on her face.

Bella pulled the pouch from her pocket and opened it up. She pulled out several bottles and set them down off to the side of the bath as Zura moved around the bath getting it ready for her.

"My lady? what is all of that?" Zura asked hesitantly seeing the bottles that she had set out. Bella closed the pouch back up.

"it's...stuff that I use when I am bathing. it will help my skin and hair" Bella explained as she slipped into the water. She shivered a bit. "oh this is warm!" she said happily as she dunked her head into the water getting her hair wet.

"is it too warm?" Zura asked looking worried.

"no its perfect" Bella replied when she came back up.

She washed her hair getting all the dirt out of it.

"Isn't this lord Sesshomaru?" Zura said as she recognized the pelt that was neatly laid on the ground. Bella looked over at her and then looked at the pelt.

"yes" she replied running a hand through her hair.

"I'll take it back to him," Zura said moving to pick it up. Bella appeared in front of her suddenly with her hand on her throat.

"Don't touch it?" Bella said with a warning growl. Her eyes changed from blue to red with fox-like slits.

Zura tensed up frozen in shock as she stared up at her. Bella pulled away quickly letting go of her.

"I'm sorry...please...don't touch it," Bella said apologetically.

"what are you?" Zura whispered. bella looked at her with a pleading look.

"Please...you can't tell anyone. promise me" Bella said firmly. Zura stared at her trembling from the aura that was coming off of Bella. "you cannot tell anyone" Bella said staring her down.

"y-yes ma'am" Zura stammered out. Bella relaxed and let out a calming breath.

"good. Then we will have no problems" She said with a smile. "I need some clothes," she said looking around for a towel. She picked up a towel and began drying her self off. Zura walked out of the bathroom and went to go find her some clothes.