Part 6 - Bits and pieces / Bids and secrets

It had already started to get dark outside when you arrived at the Fraternity. Remus had texted you for an "emergency meeting", whatever that meant. So you had rushed over, not knowing what to expect and found the three guys in the living room.

Sirius closed the wooden door behind you after you had entered.

They all looked quite irritated. Or stressed and concerned, for lack of a better word.

James sat on one of the couches, forearms resting on his upper thighs and stared into his phone. He rose his head once you had walked in and greeted you with a small smile.

Sirius sighed more than he did anything else, apart from walking in circles and fiddling around with the ring on his finger.

Remus was the only one who came off calm. He hugged you and offered you a seat beside him.

"Guys," you started and looked at each one of them across the room. "What the hell is going on? What happened?"

Sirius sighed again, now twisting his ring faster, still wandering up and down. "It's Peter. He's here."

"Yes, he is. What's the problem with that?"

"Peter was our friend in high school."

"I know that, he told me."

"What else did he tell you? About back then?"

"Uh, not much. He said you were friends but then something happened and now you're not friends anymore."

Sirius stopped walking for a second, and locked eyes with you. It felt like he was trying to see if you were lying. "Do you know why he's here? Did he ask about us?"

"Um. He said he started working here, like a week ago. In this food truck. And he said he wanted to visit James on Saturday. Here at the frat."

They all looked at each other with stern expressions. Sirius finally took a seat next to James, on the couch opposing you.

"How did he even know that you know us?"

"I met him here on my way out on Saturday morning."

"And you didn't tell us?"

"Sirius," Remus intervened.

"Am I supposed to tell you guys about everyone I meet?" you raised a brow.

"No, you're not," Remus answered and shot a warning look towards Sirius. "She didn't know him. How was she supposed to know?"

"What's this all about?" you asked and looked at James.

He just let his head fall back and shrugged.

"What have you told him? About us," Sirius went on.

"I... Not much. Just that I know you," you said and felt your palms getting clammy. "I offered to tell James that he is here."

Sirius' eyes went wide and now they all looked at you intensely.

"You see, I still don't understand the problem," you explained. "Peter was really nice. We exchanged numbers, so he could-"

"You did what?", Sirius asked and almost jumped to his feet again.

James rubbed his forehead and heaved yet another sigh. "Mate, calm down."

"Calm down? I'm not even halfway up!"

Remus bent forward and rested his elbows on his knees. "James is right. We all need to calm down a bit." He turned towards you. "Was there anything else you talked about? It's just important that you tell us, no harm done."