Chapter 5: Forged Information

There was a knock on the door of the Captain's quarters.

"Come in!" As Kaizoku answered, Alavara entered the room.

They were now in his bedroom which was next to his office. Eva was sitting on the bed enjoying a glass of orange juice. She was swaying happily with a bright smile as she drank. Kaizoku sat in one of the chairs he brought closer to Eva. He seemed to pampering her as if she was his daughter. The air around them just seemed to be oozing with cuteness and Alavara couldn't help but admire the scene.

The scene continued for a couple of minutes before Alavara made a cough for the captain to recognise her presence. Kaizoku also broke out of the trance and looked at her smiling. After Eva finished her juice Kaizoku put her to bed. Almost immediately a soft snore could be heard from Eva. Kaizoku then turned to Alavara.

"You called, Captain?"

"Stop being so serious, Alavara. We'll talk in my office." Kaizoku stood up and walked to the door and they both left.

When they got to the office Kasper was waiting in one of the seats already when the both of them went to sit down. Alavara greeted Kasper and he waved in return. Kasper also seemed to blush when he saw her. Quest givers are usually devoid of emotion so he certainly was an enigma.

"Right. Let's get to it." Kaizoku sighed. He took out the documents that he had received and put it in the table. It had snippets of information from different books and different pictures of an orange crystal ball. Kasper glanced at the documents and then closed his eyes. He was searching his memory for if he had seen anything like it. Alavara knew about the documents already, since she was the one who had collected them. Kaizoku started fiddling with the crown again and took of his hat to put on the crown.

"Whaddya know. It's perfect!"

"Jeez." Alavara muttered as she hit her own forehead with the palm of her head. She was annoyed that the captain was fooling around because she didn't know why he had called her. "Kai, why did you call me here?"

"He'll explain right now." Kaizoku pointed at Kasper.

"Analysis complete."

Notice boxes appeared in front of Kaizoku and Alavara.

[Oceanic Dungeon Core. Extremely rare as their are not a lot of dungeons and labyrinths on the ocean floor. One of these takes a full millennia to make and contains enough magical energy to power an entire city. A raid would require 20 level 30+ adventurers at minimum. It's value ranges from 10 million Quintz to 14 million Quintz. Read more... ]

"What's this??" Alavara yelled. The picture on the notice board looked the same as the ones in the documents.

"So my hunch was right..." Kaizoku said.

"Kaizoku. If you need anything else, I'll keep in touch," said Kasper in a robotic-like voice.

"I know, Kasper. Next time I'll show you the  'finer' side of things." Kaizoku winked and then laughed.

Before Kasper disappeared, he looked at Kaizoku. "The answers you're looking for could be dangerous to the system, Kaizoku. Be prepared."

"Pirate, matey." Kaizoku said like that answer explained his entire plan. Kasper smiled and disappeared, off to give quests somewhere else.

"Kai, please explain," Alavara sounded slightly irritated.

"The documents you sent me aren't the real thing, love."

"B-but th-the books? I've been researching this for months!"

"Looks like you still got more work to do. I need you to understand that history can easily be changed in books. Especially in Delterra. Humanity loves keeping secrets."