4] Match: Made

"Max?"

I squint at the sky, feeling the dampness of my shirt and my jacket, the liquid seeping deeper and spreading through my clothes. Neil warily edges his way toward me. 

"Max, are you okay?" Neil asks worriedly. Slowly, I sit up and I distinctly feel the burn in my throat. 

"Fine." I swallow, standing up.

Then realization crashes into me. Fuck.

I drank it. I drank the potion. "I drank the potion." I say, shocked and I try not to scream. The revelation dawns on me but it tries to not sink into my brain. I'm panicking inwardly. I should never have told Neil to make the stupid fucking love potion. And maybe, try to avoid getting in the crossfire when someone such as Ered tries to kill herself with a love potion, only to end with getting me intoxicated.

Suddenly, I don't want to be in love. "Neil. Neil-- "

"What?" He asks me, panicking a very concerning amount with the way he's pulling at his hair and eyes dilating. "Are you dying?"

"Neil, I fucking drank the fucking potion." I turn to stare at him. 

"I know." I hear him say, fretfully pacing in a circle.

"Oh my God. Oh God. Holy shit." I say overwhelmed, and I say it like a mantra, and I don't think I'm calming down anytime soon.

He stares back at me, crazy, and Nikki and Ered are watching us stare at each other. I feel something rise up from the back of my throat and I swallow it down.

Neil attempts to shake off his sudden anxiety by taking deep breaths and focuses on slowing down his heart rate. Then he steps closer to me, just three feet away.

"Is something happening? Are you feeling anything?" He asks calmly, with just a hint of concern. My eyes suddenly turn misty and it disappears, leaving me slightly confused.

"Are you in love?" Nikki cuts in, totally not panicking that I drank something that might be dangerous. My confusion is replaced with a glare directly at her.

"Are you fucking kidding me!? No!" I shout in disbelief. Then I feel it piling up in my throat disgustingly and I hold it down. 

"Neil, help me get rid of it!" 

"Nothing's happening yet." He says blankly, waiting for something to happen. Of course he, of all people, would think that his potion would work. He's fucking smart, and seriously- fucking-- I'm fucking horrified.

"This is fucking stupid. What do you mean, yet?" I say angrily, not bothering to wait for an answer. "Listen the fuck up, Neil! I am going to hate having a hormone invading my fucking body and I fucking swear if I'm going to be horny or yearning for some stupid physical fucking contact, I will end you if you don't get this thing out right now!"

It rises up my throat again and I try to keep it down. "Fuck you, Ered. This is all your fucking fault!" I glower at her.

"Me? That is so not cool." Ered says, irritated as she turns to leave. I try to leave so I can get rid of the thing in my throat.