6] Messing Around

oh shoot! is that a max pov i see??  bonus dadvid in there!

Max

I wake up alone to the sound of David's loud footsteps, practically feeling his energy by the noisy clamoring and clutter of things falling from outside the room in the counselors' cabin. This early? 

Fucking David disrupting my sleep. Blinking tiredly, I rub my eyes and sit up. I blindly throw the blankets off me and proceed to get off the bed, feeling the floor below me and ignoring the wobbling of my legs and the dizziness of my head when I open my eyes. Pinching the in between of my eyes, I walk towards the door and open it. Again, walking blindly.

"Ow." I wince when I bump into the door frame. 

"Oh, Max! You're awake!" He says cheerfully. I grunt and ignore the gigantic mess of clutter and catastrophes, resulting of me carefully walking over and around David and Gwen's stupid objects. I think I saw that goat figurine somewhere in here. The one with the huge horns.

And the one I placed right beside David's bed and hearing him scream and cry like a bitch when one of it's horns impaled itself in his foot. Remembering the time I passed by him, when I said "Watch where you're going." And he suspiciously narrows his eyes at me but ends up crying because of the pain.

By the time I reach the door, I look back at David, still smiling. Kind of regret it now, though. I look at him, bored. 

"Don't impale yourself next time." I remind him, seeing his eyes crinkle like he's going to laugh. I turn around, vexed and flustered that he's one of the only ones who got through to me. I don't know how he does it.

Slamming the door forcefully, I stomp towards the boys' cabin. I need a fucking shower. Thank God for camp funding, now that there is an actual roof above us and less but still sub-par plumbing.

I open the door gently, looking around if anyone else is still here. No one's here, I realize. They must be in the Mess hall. Then I hear a door open, someone steps out of the bathroom.

A squeak, then-- "Max!" 

Huh?  "Don't turn around!" I turn around. Neil is only wearing a towel around his waist. 

I snort. Talk about confident.

"Oh, hey Neil." I say pleasantly. His face flushes darkly. I would laugh, if he wasn't indecent. Neil is currently dripping water on the floor, his hair flat around his head. His grip on his towel tightens even more.

"Uh, yes- I mean, hi. I mean," He groans, frustrated. "Turn around, Max." He snaps at me, embarrassed. 

"No need. I'm going to shower anyway." Neil fidgets awkwardly as I grab a towel and my clothes from my bag and head inside the bathroom. I close the door, undressing and letting the shower pelt me with water.

Distantly, I hear Neil whining and a towel thrown down like it had purposely committed a grave mistake. I smirk.

**

Neil

David's got to be shitting me. I can't believe he let the flower scouts in our camp! Right after that thing with Nikki?...I also can't believe I let Max sneak me up like that. Did he use his knowledge on my condition to his advantage?

Either way, he just broke my privacy. Although it looks like coincidence since he came in the cabin with a bed head and looking as attractive as ever. Fuck him.