Part 5

Gauri woke up to the call of the temple bells, and with the sun rays penetrating through the light curtains, flickering her eye lids she woke up, holding her head which was giving her a hard time. She opened her eyes only to find a glass of lemonade infront of her. The hands holding them were familiar. They belonged to him!

She took the lemonade from his cauz she knew she could do without it, drinkjng it she looked at him blankly trying to recollect last night's happenings.
"Dont you worry!" Exclaimed Omkara. "Your secrets are safe with me" he winked.

The colour of her face changed rapidly to becoming absolutely pale and yellow as she realised that she had sputtered out the absolutely painful memories of her life. She mentally slapped herself for going weak last night though she was drunk!

"I-DONT-WANT-YOUR-SYMPATHY" she said each and every word clearly and distinctly, with a visible coldness in her voice.

Omkara smiled at her, as his eyes glittered with amazement and humour. Humour because he knew her reaction beforehand, despite knowing her for just 4 months at a stretch.

Her hazel brown, saw the formation of clouds, as hee vision blurred witb salty water droplets. "I hate it" said she, with her cold eyes brimming.

"What do you hate my girl" he asked huskily, making her unwantingly look into his chocolate brown orbs. She could see more if understanding in them than sympathy.

"I hate it when you look at me, this way and I end up opening my fucking heart infront if you" she said wiping those tears trying to become strong yet again.

"I knew Gaurav" he said as he let out a deep sigh. "My best friend he was" he said lost in the same grief as hers.

Gauri looked at him dumbfounded as he had cracked a nutshell on her head. "Arree youu, Champu?"She said stammering.

Omkara chuckled as memories flashed past his eyes, some of them returning back like boomerang. "Yes I am his champu and he my Momo! We used to study together in school, until I shifted to london."

"Why didnt you turn up on his funeral?" She asked with a hope of knowing more about them!

"I didnt have the guts, How could I see him lay there helpless, devoid of life. I loved him Gauri, I loved him immensely. People think that I forgot him as waves of life carried me to another shores. But to be honest, nit even a day passes by without missing him. I wish I never went to london, I wish I never left my friend." A smile approached Gauri's face as she realised that someone else also missed her brother as much as she did. Their foster parents were'nt much affected by the death of Gaurav as much as Gauri was. That didnt mean they did not love them, they did. But there always remains back some difference between blood and not blood.

Though Gauri knew be was related ti her brother but she could'nt just let the disliking she had for this man leave her ina just a few seconds. She came back to her cold avatar and getting up from the bed she marched towards the washroom.

Freshening up they settled on the dinjng table. Gauri, who had clipped her hair into a huge bun with loose fringes infront, and light red eyes and pinkish nose tried looking as normal as she could on the table. "You have to be strong" she murmured to herself as a lump formed in her throat and she tried holding thpse tears which wanted to rush out from their abode.

Omkara came with an Omlette in a plate for his lady. "I have made this myslef!" He said smiling gently, in his baritone. Gauri just nodded and began chewing it like a cow. It was then when suddenly she began making faces.

Omkara looked at her sudden changinv expressions with his eyebrows upraised trying to understand if ut was any alien language she was trying to convey to him. She suddenly got up with herr palms on her mouth, she ran away ti the washroom.

He got up and rushed behind her to see her epmtying herself in the washroom. "Am I that bad a cook, that she puked" he said fingering his head confusingly.
"Are you alright young lady" be shouted from outside. "Or do we need an ambulance."

He earned himself a weak 'shut up' from her. She came outside trying to balance her feet on the ground. He forwarded himself to help her. "I did all my gyming and exercising for picking you up in my arms I suppose"he said chuckling. 'Shut up, I said' she said grumpily to which fingering hsi lips Omkara helped her to the bed.

"On a serious note Gauri, I think we should see a doctor. I hope your drinking isnt causing these problems." He said fear visible on his face.

Picking up his phone be called for the doctor.

*******************

Vote and comment guyss!!

Thank you!❤

Crazyyy🤟