Chapter 7

Kristen's POV

Lexi and I are making our way to history class talking about Peyton and Michael. I'm really happy for her that she got the nerve to talk to Michael. I wish he'd show a little more effort, though. I'm thinking more and more about Peyton and I cannot get him out of my head.

History class finally quiets down and Lexi and I take our seats. I glance over at Peyton, but he's not looking at me. I look straight forward and wait a few minutes. I glance back and he's still not looking. I repeat my procedure three more times until, finally, I catch him staring back at me. I panic and then shyly smile. He grins his beautiful grin. I casually bite my lip to prevent from smiling like a big idiot. I look back at him and he smiles again and raises his eyebrows. He lowers them and raises them quickly. I start to giggle at how dorky he is. Peyton looks back down at his book and I do the same. The rest of history class floats by as I replay those couple of moments again and again in my head.

The bell rings and I gather my books. I look up hoping for Peyton's eyes to be gazing back at mine, but I only see his back leaving the doorway.

"Ugh," I mumble.

"C'mon. Hurry up," Lexi whines in my ear.

We start making our way out the door towards our lockers.

"Are you excited for Friday?" Lexi questions me.

"What's on Friday?" I ask cluelessly.

"The Fair! Ferris wheels, cotton candy, funnel cakes, rides, the whole shabang!" she responds.

"Oh yeah! I forgot about that. What time are we going?" I ask.

"Let's meet at my house at 6:45 then leave at 7:00," Lexi states.

"Okay. Sounds like a plan," I say.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: sorry not a very exciting chapter but more to come soon!