Chapter 3

Lexi's POV

Today is the day. I'm going to get the nerve to talk to Michael. I think he's pretty cute and he's on my level so I can get him.

I put on some mascara. I don't usually wear makeup but I want Michael to notice me. I finished getting ready for school and I head on over to Kristen's. She lives right across the street so I always go over there. It's just another thing to love about her. Kristen is great. She's got long, naturally straight, blonde hair. Her eyes are a dazzling blue and she's the perfect height. She's about 5"2'. She's always got a joke and she can always make me laugh. We've been best friends since preschool and she's always there for me. She's my best friend.

I reach her house and climb into her first-floor bedroom window that she leaves open for me.

"Hey, hey, hey" I chimed as I scurried through her window.

"Heyyy," she sang back.

"Ready for school?" I question.

"Yep. I just have to go get my backpack," she replied as she walked out to go get her backpack. She came back in and we left for school.

We were walking down the block and I told her my plan about what I'm going to say to Michael.

"Sounds perfect," she told me.

"Great," I said back. Then we entered school and I had my fingers crossed.

"I'll see you in history. Wish me luck," I said to Kristen as I stepped towards Math class.

"Good luck," I heard her say.