Not So Bad

"I want you to apologize to him."

Lance lifted his eyes from the ground and they climbed to the stern face of his father. His cloudy field of vision, due to the tears that kept rolling down his cheeks, was no impediment to deciphering the disappointment in Alfor's gaze. The man emanated it, it spread through the air. The prince felt that at this moment he was crushed and tortured without the need of touch.

"But..."

"Lotor was the one that answered for your immaturity. He took responsibility for this whole situation, when he could've let Zarkon kill you. What I would have preferred before having to deal with this stain on the reputation of our people."

The prince felt as if his heart stopped. Alfor, his father, preferred him dead. He couldn't believe that this was the same man who had raised him, he couldn't be. Apparently the king of Altea finally reacted to the words he had just said. Lance was able to breath calmly again  when his father's shoulders relaxed and his face felt the heavy blow of regret.

But he knew he wouldn't give in, not this time.

"Uff " Alfor sighed, then put his hand on his son's shoulder ". Look honey, we have to make sacrifices for our people, it's what it takes to be a leader. You are in a privileged situation, thousands of people are dying right now. You have the power to save many lives. All that i ask you is to pretend to be Lotor's husband. U both don't even have to get along, just pretend in front of the galra, okay?

The boy nodded. His father smiled to himself and, leaving a kiss on his child's forehead, he left.

"We depend on you."  was the last thing he said before leaving Lance alone with his thoughts.

The prince of Altea straightened his back and steeled himself to go to the room he shared with the young galra.

Actually, he had not given him any reason to fear him. It had been two months since the wedding and the prince of the empire had never treated him badly. Every now and then some insults were thrown or they both ignored eachother for hours. However, Lance was the one who usually started those small discussions.

They were caused by nonsense things, but for the Altean they were a way to vent. Lotor was the reminder that he had lost his freedom, that he would always be below others, at the mercy of their decisions.

He didn't even try to escape because of the boy, it was the desire to feel completely responsible for his actions. A fantasy of independence.

While walking through the corridors he already knew by heart, he realized how stupid his idea was. How didn't he think of all the Galra ships that surrounded Altea? But he could've never predicted that Zarkon would be right in one of them.

He was in front of the door before he wanted to, he had not yet planned what he was going to say. Lance didn't think to apologize for his attitude, because he knew it would be hypocritical if he did it knowing that it wasn't going to change. But perhaps he would thank him.

After all, he still felt somewhat trembling from what had happened a few hours ago and felt way more safe knowing Lotor would always protect him.

He had run without stopping  the depths of the forest, when a ship cut him off. At that moment he was already scared, so when the most feared being in the universe came out of it, with the same sword with which his poor mother's head had been cut off, he was terrified.

He felt like crying once more when he imagined what would've happened if from that other ship that had reached less than a tick after the first one Lotor wouldnt jump to defend him.

He knocked  the door once, twice and thrice with his knuckles. Tired of not getting an answer, he opened it and entered with no major complications.

He expected to find Lotor reading by the chimney's light, admiring the snowy landscape from the window or sleeping after a stressful day. But he definitely didn't expect and wasn't prepared for what he saw.

The galra was sitting in a corner of the room, holding his abdomen with one arm and his face hidden between a mixture of hair legs and a bloody arm.

"Lotor!" he cried anguished, almost running to his side.

When he crouched next to him, he recognized the sound of muffled sobs. It broke his heart to see him like that, the half-breed had always been so strong, and now he was breaking because of Lance's fault. He pushed the long white hair out of the boy's face and tied it with a hair band he always wore on his wrist.

"Hey, Lotor," he whispered softly, stroking his back "come on, look at me please."

The lilac prince hesitated a little, but finally raised his head. Lance could see one of his damp cheeks redder than the other and a thin line of blood running from his forehead. He felt outraged, how could a father treat his own son like that?

He surrounded Lotor with his arms. When he tried to hug his torso, the galra made a grunt. Lance noticed the red liquid that began to soak his hand.

He broke away from the boy with a gasp and felt even more guilty, if that was even possible. He continued to examine the wound. The cut wasn't so deep, but it still looked pretty painful

He delicately lifted Lotor in his arms, who tried to awkwardly hide his flushed face as his crying slowly subsided. He didn't understand why, but he felt safe in the arms of the Altean, so he didn't complain and leaned against his husband's chest.

Lance went to the bathroom to find a medicine cabinet. He opened and closed drawers without ever letting go off the boy. He felt like he was carrying a fragile piece of glass.

When he found what he needed, he went back to the room and sat his husband on the bed. Lance took off his shirt for him, trying not to aggravate the wound.

There was a long and uncomfortable silence while the Prince of Altea treated and bandaged the injured man's abdomen.

"Ehm, thanks for ... for saving me " said Lance once he finished his work ". And ... I'm sorry for being an asshole to you."

He didn't dare to look at his face. He was beginning to worry about not getting an answer, but then he felt Lotor's arms hugging his neck. He felt his cheeks begin to burn and with a strange tingling inside his stomach corresponded the gesture.

"Thanks to you. No one had ever worried about me before.

They were several minutes like that, but none of them felt like it was too long. Lance realized that the galra had fallen asleep and giggled, almost in an inaudible way.

He laid him first and then went to bed next to him. He was so focused on arranging the sheets that when he was ready to sleep he didn't know how or when Lotor had curled up in his chest.

"Maybe ... this might not be so bad. " he whispered to himself, then placed a soft kiss against his partener's head.

..........
........
......
....
...
..
.

-------

You are not ready for this story ....
Lets  start ୧(^ 〰 ^)୨