Moon Path to Elsweyr

They arrived in Falkreath the following night after riding constantly.  The locals stopped and stared at the strange party: 2 Khajiit, a Nord and a Wood Elf.

"I see no khajiit caravan." Brii huffed in disappointment.

"Ah, there is what we seek, Dead Man's Drink!" Inigo pointed to the local tavern.  They entered, and indeed, 2 unusual looking khajiit in strange armor were gathered around a table, sharing a drink.  Ashira approached what looked like the leader, a gray striped fellow with silver armor caked in sweat and sand, bearing a red standard with a lion on it.  "Greetings.  Do you know the way of the moon?" she asked.

"I do indeed; know the way of the moon.  I am called Ku'rana.  Greetings sand-sister."

"This one is called Ashira, Dovahkiin."

"Oh ho!  The dragonborn!  Even us khajiti in Elsweyr have heard the thunder of your Voice!"

"Might this one and my companions travel with you?"

"Do not ask, but do!  If you wish to travel the Ja'Kha'Jay moonstrings then you are welcome!  But better to ask my mate first, just in case." He ducked his head, embarrassed.  Ashira grinned and turned to the skinny female khajiit beside him.

"Is he your mate?  Might we travel with you to Elseweyr?" Ashira asked.

"Yes he is my mate mostly, although all cats stray from time to time." She said slyly, her cat eyes winking in the firelight.  "Traveling the moonpath is a spiritual experience for all khajiiti.  You are welcome to travel with us to Elsweyr.  We follow the phases of the moon, all khajiit caravan do.  There is a reason some khajiit stick around even after we are not wanted.  Sometimes the moon is not right to do so.  The moonpath's are unique and special, and each time a khajiit travels it, their spirituality grows." She smiled at them. "Sure, you look strong and able so you might prove useful on the journey.  We could all use extra claws on this trip.  I am Verina." 

"Pack your belongings in the cart, we will set off shortly, the moon is almost at its peak." Ku'rana spoke.  They packed their belongings in the enormous wagon and climbed in it.  Soon they all grew weary and fell asleep.  Upon awakening, they sat up, rubbed their eyes and wondered what magic had been done to them.

Brii lifted the flap and gazed out.  "Uh, guys, I don't think we're in Skyrim anymore." She stepped out into the night.

It was nighttime and the moon shone large and heavy above them, covered in beautiful colors of light and surrounded by stars.  Ashira gasped and fell to her knees, praying in Khajiti.  Brii had the strangest urge to rip her clothes off and howl at the moon but she stopped herself just in time, reminding herself she was not alone.  Fahliil noticed the nord squirming with her clothes and knew she struggled with the change.

The place was beautiful, in its own way.  Desert as far as the eye could see, they were parked in a magnificent canyon.  A campfire burned with a couple of logs resting next to it and the khajiti couple sitting on them.  An enormous beast, bigger than any they'd seen loomed nearby.  It lumbered about on 4 legs, snorting and huffing, its face covered in 5 huge horns, its furless body covered in a thick hide.  The dragonborn didn't know whether it was friend or foe; they tensed, waiting.

"That is our Therium but we khajiti just call them mooncow.  Large, but a sweetheart." Verina answered their questioning looks.  "She pulls the carts, is strong and sturdy, she has no enemies for none are large enough to challenge her.  When a mooncow runs no jungle, sand, wall nor army can stop them.  Very useful against arrows as well."

"We feed her all the Thalmor droppings she can eat!" Ku'rana laughed heartily and slapped his thighs.

"Cow?" Brii questioned.  She couldn't help it.  She was hungry.