Chapter 22: Art of Interruption

Anna Wilson's Point of View

I could hardly hide my laugh especially looking at my husband with a patient look in his eyes. I swear I'm gonna prepare for something later.

Dinner night as we ate our food silently. He looks pissed still. He's like a silent owl eating his food beside me.

"The sports fest is already next, next week. Then you may start your thesis." I told him after our long time of silence.

He nod a bit and finished his food, setting the empty plate beside him. I just finished mine and stand up. He suddenly stand up from his chair and pulled me by my waist.

"Hey--"

Before I could talk, he crashed his lips to mine in a very unpatient and desperate way. He kisses me like he couldn't hold anymore.

His hands trailing on my back down to my ass. I chuckled before responding to his kiss and my hands on his chest.

*ding* *dong*

I pulled away without a second when we heard someone from the door.

"Hey... someone came." I told him and pushed his hands around me away. He groaned before heading towards the door. I started cleaning up the table.

As I finish cleaning, I get in the living room. I felt stocked in my throat to see Mrs. Ariela Kings... I mean mom.

She was pulling Ares's cheeks and kissing them at the same time.

"Mom, my wife's coming later. Stop it." He stated while looking around. I laugh at them. Both heads were turned to me.

"Oh! Good evening Anna!" Mom smiled widely at me and attacked me with a huge hug. I smiled.

"Good evening, mom. Are you hungry? Did you have dinner?" I asked when I remember our finished dinner. We didn't wait because of her unexpected appearance.

"I'm good. I already had dinner. I just came here to tell you something important. Especially him." She pulled away and went back to Ares who has an unreadable look on his face. He looks impatient.

"Mom, you came in the wrong hour..." Ares whispered but I still heard them.

"Why, son? Don't you want your mom to visit you anymore? Don't you love your mama anymore, Ares?" She asked sadly at him.

"Mom, no. I will always love you. It's just that..." Ares trailed off.

"Do you hate me already?" Mom asked while frowning at him.

"Mom, I will never do that." Ares replied while scratching his nape.

"Do you want me out of your house? Do you forget about me? Don't you want me to be in your married life anymore? Don't you---"

"Mom!" Ares cut her off. Even me, Mom is too emotional. "I will never do anything like that, okay? I love you, mom. I will always do." I smiled at them. Mom's height looks small compared to her son.

"Then why are you driving me away?" Mom asked almost hopeless.

"I'm not driving you away, mom but..." Ares whispered the last statement to mom's ears but I can still hear them. "... we're making your grand-daughter. Don't you want that mom?" He asked.

I just scratched my nape while waiting for them to stop bickering.

"Okay okay! Let's seat so I can tell you the important thing before I go." She said, relieved. "I thought you already don't want me to be your mother."

"I love you, mom. I love you." Ares stated as we sat on the sofa face to face. Ares and me on the sofa and mom sitting infront of us.

I just found out that Ares can be sweet to his mother and he's not like the person that he is in school when his mother is here.