⇾ one

jjk

it was a late night for jungkook. being glued to his computer, editing photos for a project. the clicks of his mouse and typing of his keyboard filled his room. he wasn't the type to listen to music while doing work.

he worked best in silence. in the dark. alone.

was that the most effective way to get things done? kind of. but it made him feel alone.

when he saved his projects at night and crawled into bed, there was nothing else but him, his thoughts, and the late night traffic noise of new york city.

he didn't have too many friends. his best friend namjoon was really all he had. namjoon came to new york with him. both knowing  each other since kindergarten, they insisted on going to the same college. no matter how far away they were from back home in korea.

namjoon was a psychologist. a very good one, actually. and god,  jungkook was so glad that his best friend had that job. it truly helped him out at times.

but sometimes, jungkook just needed to be alone, silent, in the dark.

he submitted his project on his computer,  sighing as he looked at the time.

01:57

it's not like this was new to him. he just knew he'd be tired the next morning. he couldn't afford to skip the class anyways.

he shut off his laptop, grabbing his phone from his desk before laying down in his bed.

the light from his phone immediately blinding him, jungkook noticed he had an instagram dm.

huh, this is new.

jungkook thought to himself as he opened up the app. he had namjoon and really no other friends. the only times he'd get any dms was from horny girls who were way too underage to be saying the things they've said to him.

scilorchim:
heeyy, im jimin nice 2 meetu

he didn't really want to message this stranger back. but something about him was intriguing.

97sMaknae:
hello, i'm jungkook.

scilorchim:
wOAh youre usin]g p3riods are yiu like mad or sum

97sMaknae:
uh, no. it's just punctuation.

97sMaknae:
okay wait, who
ARE you?

scilorchim:
im jimin

scilorchim:
ithjnk

97sMaknae:
how old are you?

scilorchim:
22 maube

scilorchim:
hey bthis qwuiz is hsrd can we NOT

twenty-two?

shit that's two years older than me.

the brown-haired thought.

97sMaknae:
you're so drunk. you should probably go sleep and
stop talking to me.

scilorchim: nnnnnnnnnooooooooooo.................

scilorchim:
idont wanna

97sMaknae:
but you should.

97sMaknae:
maybe if i think about you that much tonight,
i'll talk to you tomorrow.

scilorchim:
ookaaay fine

scilorchim:
gpodnight

97sMaknae:
goodnight, jimin.