The Queen Of The Seas

Excuse the spelling errors, it's unedited :/

"Adora?" Glimmer's voice bounced off the walls of Sea Hawk's new-and-improved boat, which included a hatch that led into a large room at the bottom half of the ship.

It was now dimly lit by two golden lamps at each corner of the room, the wooden walls having the color of golden toast as their lights were set upon them. Within the room was a long desk with chairs surrounding it, and inside one chair with her back facing the wall was the warrior of Bright Moon herself.

"Hey, Glim." Adora smiled warmly at her girlfriend, watching as the sparkle princess teleported into the chair right next to the blonde.

"You seemed really upset when we boarded the ship, despite our victory." Glimmer looked away with a nervous, brief laugh. "You...wanna tell me something?"

Adora sighed, interlocking her fingers and leaning her forehead against her enclosed hands. A lock of hair fell and hung over her right eye, but the warrior ignored it as the thought of her events with Catra vividly replayed in her mind.

"I got Catra."

Silence followed for a few quick seconds, before Glimmer raised an eyebrow with a smirk, her tone smug. Crossing her arms, she huffed, "How did she react to finally getting handled the right way?"

Adora huffed with laughter at Glimmer's coy change in behavior, but still, the knot in her throat was too big to simply swallow. "She enjoyed it...a lot."

"So what was the issue?"

"Leaving."

More silence.

"Oh."

Glimmer was the only other person besides Catra herself who knew about Adora's troubling past with the magicat. How close they had been and everything they meant to the other. They were best friends, sisters, and future girlfriends had Adora not found the sword. Leaving the Horde both relieved and broke Adora. She was torn to leave Catra behind, and was even more devastated when she discovered that Catra was actually convinced that she left her, not the Horde's evil-deeds.

To see Catra again and instantly make love with her was...well, it showed Adora the truth. That Catra still did care.

And even then, leaving her a second time stung like a bitch.

"I'm sorry." Was all Glimmer could really say. It wasn't half-hearted or anything. It was just the plain truth. She had no idea what it felt like. She'd never been left behind or left anyone else behind. She was that pure, one of the many reasons Adora loved her.

But Glimmer couldn't understand the pain. The anxiety that would never leave Adora alone. And therefore, she could never try to soothe the pain away with simple "it will be alrights." She could only watch.

Adora knew it wasn't her fault. She would never think anything was Glimmer's fault.

"Do you need space? I can tell the others..." Glimmer offered, resting a hand on Adora's strong back.

The blonde looked up to face her, only to find her much closer than she imagined, her sweet perfume scent filling her nostrils.

She didn't care, though. With a warm smile, Adora leaned forward little ways and gave the shorter girl a brief, passionate kiss on the lips.

When she pulled back, she softly laughed, "I'm perfectly fine with you right where you are, Glimmer."

A light blush stretched from each of the girls' cheeks and across the bridge of her nose, but she only giggled as she gave the dominant another kiss, yet deeper and sweeter.