CHAPTER 6

I met up with Spencer at lunch time, but there were so many janitor closets that I didn’t know which one to go to, till I felt a hand grab, and pull me into a dark, little room.  This door shuts quietly while I try to find the light. I eventually find the light tripping over everything while I’m there. I pull the string to see Spencer light up right in front of me. My vision is blurry and it’s only till I realise that I have lost one of my contacts. I fish around in my bag and find my glasses’ case, to fish out my Ray Band Brand of glasses. The have a Dark blue line stretching through the frame on the sides and it matches my hair too perfect, I’m actually glad I have red/strawberry blonde hair. When I look up at Spencer again, he has a huge smile on his face and lightly kisses me on the nose. It’s not till I feel a rumble that I realise he is laughing, at me.

“What are you laughing at?” I ask.

“You look so dorky but beautiful with glasses, why are you wearing them?”

“I had contacts in but I must have lost one while looking for the light, so if I really want to see, I need glasses” I shrug.

“I never knew you wanted to look at me that bad” he laughs.

“Well, all I want to do right now is have you hug me and talk to me? Especially what happened with your cheek?” I say, knowing that tomorrow he is going to have a bruise, or a black EYE.

He stalks toward me and puts his hands around me so that he is holding my waist, and it looks like we are dancing. “So” he says, “What did you do today? I can tell something happened from when I saw you at the principal’s office”.

“Ah, about that” I say nervously

“What?” he says lowly, knowing that it’s not good news?

“I might have told a few girls what has been happening and why people talk about them, and that I’m a virgin” I say shutting my eyes.

“You’re a virgin?”

“Yes” I say quickly and quietly, hoping not too be yelled at.

“And you didn’t tell me?”

“Well, I’m pretty sure Sophie mentioned it on the phone so, I thought you knew already?”

“Ok, well, maybe I should come out too” he pauses, “Ditto” he says.

“Really?”

“Yeh, I don’t tend to like some of the girls at this school?”

“It looks like you have admirers though” I say putting my head on his chest. He pulls back for two seconds, and realise I’ve hit a nerve, I decide to tell him.

When the Principal told me I had to join a group, I never thought it would be as hard as I thought, but with all the drama happening, and within my first week, I should have guessed. I tried cheerleading (EVEN though I don’t like it), netball and many other sports but no one tends to like me. I walk up the hall when I collide with Kiel and my books smash to the ground. I fall to my knees and for some unknown reason leave my books and run to the bathroom. I slam the door and sink on the wall, where I plummet to butt, and hold my knees. I begin to sob when I notice some manly shoes stop at my stall.

“Grace, you OK?” says Kiel.

“Yeh, fine” I say wiping away my tears that have fallen but sniffle what I feel to be a running nose.

“Well, I know you’re not, seriously come on out”. I walk out of the stall to find myself in front of Kiel, leaning against the wall of my stall, as he sees me he becomes more serious and envelopes me in a hug. I don’t even know this person yet I collapse onto his shoulder and sob, thank god there quiet though. “It’s OK, Grace, it’s OK” smooths Kiel.

“You know you’re not supposed to be in here” I sob.

“Yeh, but if you see a pretty girl, with now watery glasses, and she runs to the bathroom, if it was anyone else, I wouldn’t care, but you don’t deserve to be treated like that” utters Kiel. It’s the greatest thing I’ve in a while, and I know Kiel understands that when I start to laugh. “So, what’s on your mind?”

“Well, the principal wants me to join a group and I’ve tried everyone, but no one wants me there”.

“You didn’t try us”.

“Us?”

“Well, where not the popular group but where still a good group, come on, you’ll be happy with us”.

“OK” I say and we walk out of the bathroom to find many girls look at us as we walk to a room walk lasers and lots of computers.

“Well, not what I was expecting” I say.

“Well, don’t judge a book by its cover, HEY EVERYONE OVER HERE” yells Kiel.

I’m introduced to everyone there and I can tell by the looks that this is a small group. The people I remember all by name, Freddie, Keira, James, Mackenzie, Edward, Vera, Kiel and now me. They invited me in and I can tell from the looks that Mackenzie and Kiel are the oldest. They are both attractive, Kiel with his combed back hair and Mackenzie with his Rectangular glasses, and everyone knows the nickname for Mackenzie, calling him Potter. Apparently that his also his last name, and yet he looks very much like Harry. We sit there and talk until something comes up about me and Spencer, and I die inside. They realise my pale features and change the subject quickly. The bell rings for the end of school and we completely realise they we had skip the last 2 periods. No bother, I walk out of school and towards my car.

“GRACE” yells Spencer from behind me. Although I keep walking and eventually hop into my car, and drive straight home.