CHAPTER 2

We walk to my black Toyota Yaris 2011 version, and drive to a coffee house just up the road. On the way, we listen to music, and really up beat songs come to my stereo, and I can’t help that I have descent music in my car. My car was shipped by dad’s work, as dad said I wasn’t allowed to drive it just in case I ran off and didn’t come back. Dad was always worried that I would leave and in the end, he is always still scared I will and maybe end up like mum. I push the thought away, as this is really the first time I have thought about the accident in 7 years. We arrive at a coffee shop called ‘XCX’, and I wonder what it stands for. I worry about that later and make my way into the shop. The smell of coffee swifts through the air and I feels like I am inhaling it’s so strong. We order our coffees, and clumsy me, trip over my feet and fall head first into the ground. Except I don’t hit the ground I feel an arm grasp me torso and then I’m pulled up, and I’m in Spencer’s arms. I crinkle my eyes and face feeling mortified. And he laughs, of course he always laughs.

“Every time I’m around you, you seem to always be clumsy” he laughs.

“Did everyone just see that?” I ask, my eyes still closed.

“If I say yes, will you open your eyes?”

“No?”

“Well then” he says, and I hear a rustling of what seems to be our coffees, the next thing I know is he has my hand, and is opening me too fresh air. I open my eyes and we are outside and he’s hopping in the car. “Are you coming? There’s a park we can go sit at”. I jump in and the engine flares to life. I love my car. Spencer leads me to a park and its gorgeous nearly better then central park in New York. We hop out the car and he sits on the grass, and pats the spot next to him. The park has beautiful blues and pink’s and just from where are sitting just above us is a beautiful leafy tree. With Halloween come up in a week or two, one of the popular kids is going to have a party, and of course I won’t be invited, especially after what happened today. I walk over to the patted grass, and kneel in front of him. He stares at me, and laughs. And again he’s the laughing type.

“What?” I say.

“What you thinking?”

“How just from that stunt I pulled today, I’ll be unpopular, and everyone will hate me?”

“I don’t hate you”.

“You barely know me?”

“But, from me, you’re quite funny, clumsy and you’re beautiful”. I’m taken aback, and realise, that he’s flirting. Mine turn!

“To me, your, generous, muscly, funny, and you’re been really flirty at this point of time”. He stares.

“You just pointed everything that is what you see on the outside”. What he’s got more. “Enough about me, where did you live before here?”

“New York”.

“What!!! Why did you move? And why aren’t you still there?”

“My Dad’s a cop, and we travel a lot, I was born in London, and when I was 5, we moved to Australia, where my sister was born. She has an Australian accent, and just later after, my mother died in a car accident”.

“I’m sorry” he sympathises.

“It’s fine, it was a long time ago. For two years my dad had been on leave as we were and we travelled the world to everywhere but America, and then we went back to Australia for 2 years. Being me, I started on a girl, and she beat me to a pulp”.

“What, really, were you alright?” he asked while looking at me and checking me over. I was flattered.

“I was duck taped to a pole, it was only till my dad put out a search party for me, thinking I ran off, he found me. I had broken my arm in 2 places, a broken leg, 2 fractured ribs, and a concussion”.