CHAPTER 1

CHAPTER 1

Fredrick Douglas High School. Well high school isn’t my best place to be. I don’t like school, in fact I wanted to leave but dad told me that I need a good education, since I want to be a radiotherapist. Well plus that I would like to have a good job that satisfies me as well. Anyway, as being said I’m still stuck at school, at least for one year, if I do good, which is more likely I can go to NYU, which means I can go back to New York and see my friend Lexi but, all I can do is hope. Studying the amorous buildings, I was caught off guard in my car as someone knocks on my window. A man, with shaggy brown hair, and the most topaz yellow eyes I’ve seen, kind of dreamy to be honest. I wound down the window as he leaned on the car door. His smile was contagious, yet I was no fool. “So… You must be new?” he spoke.

I stuttered at first but gained conscious, “Yes, and do I know you?”

“Well, I hope so, I could be a tour guide… If you want?” he flirted. Being me, and since I learned Marshall Arts when little, I Banged on his wrist and done, and he’s off my amazing door and I drove off. As if he tried flirting with me? I walk to the front office and bumped right into a guy with black slick hair and brown eyes, but as figured you could tell he was a jock. “Oh, um I’m sorry, I really am” I stuttered. He laughs... He Laughs?

“Its fine, British and new. I’m Spencer” He laughed, while holding out his hand, should I shake it?

“I’m the girl who moves a lot, and won’t be here long”, well that was rude. I felt bad as soon as I said, “I’m sorry, that was rude… Could you tell me where the Office is?”

“Ha-ha, its fine, don’t worry, it’s just to the left” he pointed with his right hand, and his 2 fingers pointing. I smiled and just as I took off, a freshman pretty girl pushes past me, and of course life is tumbling over in the world of literature. Spencer leans down and starts to pick up my books, when the two rocks smash together, we both fall to the ground, and I can already  tell that we are what to expect.

We sit on the ground of the hallway, with goofy grins broadening our faces, eventually we pick up all my books and head for the office. On  the way he just talks, I kind of zone out when I see a bunch of people full on making out in front of everyone in plain sight. It’s not till he waves his hand in front of my face. I zone back in to my view and he just laughs, again! He has a good laugh, in fact its addicting. Shut up Grace, I speak to myself. You’ve known the guy for 5 minutes, get a grip.

“We here” says Spencer.

“Thank you” I shyly answer, slinging my bag over my shoulder.

“What are you doing after school?” he asks.

“Um, nothing, why?” I’m confused.

“Maybe, you’d like to come get a coffee?”

“Are you asking me out?” The words are out before I even register, and I just look at my shoes, to hide my embarrassment.

“If I say yes, will you come?” OMG.

“Sure” that’s all I have to say. He smiles, and then follows me into the office to help me with the paperwork. The bell rings and yet he still stays with me. OMG is this really happening.

My classes are:

1.       History

2.       Food Tech

3.       Chemistry

4.       Legal Studies

5.       Photography

6.       Medical Engineering

7.       Radiology

The thing that surprised me was how many of the classes Spencer was in, and how many that that guy tried to hit on me was in as well. I met a few new people that are really quite cool. A guy that had the sour apple green eyes, was so funny, and his hair was very long and in dreadlocks. He kept saying stuff about the girls that were popular kept getting with their best friends old boyfriends, it was funny until, one of the girls a girl they called ‘Bagger’ came over and ripped off the guy sitting next to Kiel, glasses. She’s has long blonde curls and brown puppy dog eyes. Stupid me and of course in the first day have to act protective over someone I barely know.

“Pardon me, but are they yours?” She turns and glares at me.

“Are you talking to me, Biatch?” she snaps.

“If you're gonna be a smartarse, first you have to be smart. Otherwise you're just an arse” the words leave and bite me back in the butt. She glares at me, and the only thing I hear is everyone going ohhhhh, especially the boys. “Wow, are you thinking, I can almost hear the gears grinding inside your head. Good thing blonde hair isn't contagious. You're really living up to your hair color. You know, just starving yourself isn't gonna make you look like a supermodel. You have to actually look good too.” I can’t believe I am actually saying this and all everyone is doing is staring at me, a flabbergasted look on their faces, yet this girl just looks like she’s going to rip me open here and now. “I think you should give them back to the guy here, or do you need them, hey, over here! If you needed glasses you might not be looking at me, but that you are, give the glasses back”. She slams the glasses on the table and runs out the room crying, and all I see is all the boys behind me clapping. I look like I’ve seen a ghost. Did I really just say that, what the fluff?

At lunch, I just want to crawl into a hole and bury myself, that’s until Spencer comes up to me and pats me on the back.

“OK, I don’t know what you done during Study period in the library, but Francis is kind of, pissed at you” he smiles and laughs. “Here let me take them” he says grabbing my books.

“Thank you, I don’t understand, how did you find out?”

“This school is very, quick to getting gossip around. You know you have a very strong British accent”.

“Really, I thought I sound a lot American? Anyway is she ok? I didn’t mean to be nasty?”

“She’s fine. You what, lets skip 5th and 6th period, what do say?”

“If I get out of classes, where everyone is staring at me, I’m in”.

“Ok, well take your car, I’ll just get Hilda to take mine home”

Who’s Hilda? I think understanding my question, he answers.

“She’s my twin sister, don’t worry”

“Who said I was worrying?”

“You don’t have to say” he replies.