Chapter 2

~Rosella's POV~

"Princess Rosella, King Arthur wants to see you by now." One of the maids who is by the door said.

I closed the book I was reading and placed it back into the bookshelf. I turned to the maid. 
" May I ask where my Father is?" I asked and she nodded. "If you would follow me My Majesty." said the maid as she opened the door. "Please do take me to my Father." I said and they nodded as I followed her on the way to my Father's Office. She stopped in front of the door and Faced me. 

"Thank you." I said as the door opened. I glanced at her and gave her a smile that she gave back before I went in the room. As I fully stepped in the room, the door closed and right in front of me, there was seated my Father who is talking to someone in front of him. 

I stayed there standing as My Father kept talking to the unfamiliar person. I waited up until they finish talking but after a few seconds, Father noticed my presence and glanced up from the person he was talking to, to me. He had a surprised look on his face as I just gave him a blank look on my face. 

"Well if it isn't my Princess, I didn't see you there." Father said as he stood up from his seat and stood beside me. "How long were you here?" My Father whispered to me. I sighed and looked at Father with a glare. "For about a few minutes." I answered and felt Father's uneasy presence. 

"Oh and I forgot." Father said as he sat down to his chair. "Rosella dear, I would like to introduce you to him." Father said as he glanced at the Person. "This is Duke William of The Kingdom of Zinambra, He was sent here to give us some Important news." Father continued as his face turned serious. 

I took a glance at Duke William and give him a smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Duke William. I am Princess Sofia Rosella Nicole. Daughter of King Arthur II of the Kingdom of Ravaryn." I said and gave a light curtsy. 

"It's also a wonderful pleasure to meet you Your Highness." said Duke William as I sat down the chair across him. Soon after Mother came in with a sweet smile plastered on her face. 

"Seems like My Queen is in a very good mood today." Father said as he gave Mother a kiss on the cheek. It was just them being them. So nothing much new to me. 

"Shall we share the news to our beloved Princess?" Mother said as she sat beside me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I smiled and turned to Father as I raised an eyebrow. 

I was curious as to what this news may be. It was really shocking and confusing as to why My Mother id so cheerful about this news. since it is very rare to see her be Happy about a news. 

"Well, To start off, We would like to remind you that your Crowning day is coming in less than Two Months." Mother said with a cheerful tone. 

"Yes, It is near." I answered and felt nervous as Mother mentioned the day I was going to be Officially crowned as Princess of Ravaryn. "It is on my Birthday. Right?" I asked as I looked at My Mother. 

"Yes, it is still on your Birthday. But there is another thing about that." Mother said as her faced turned serious like Father's. I was still confused and nervous they were acting different. 

"About that." Father said and lets out a sigh. "As you may have had noticed, We met the Messenger of The Kingdom of Ellesmere yesterday. Right?" Father asked and I nodded as I do remember him from yesterday. "Now, We have here The Duke of The Kingdom of Zinambra." Father continued as he took a quick glance at Duke William. He Stopped talking for a second as he let out another sigh. 

"What we are about to say is that." My Mother continued as she had a worried look on her face now. "We have a special event before the day of your Crowning." Mother continued.

"And That is?" I asked full of curiosity as to why all of the sudden, They would want to plan an event before the day of my Crowning. Mother looked like she was still hesitating making my patience shorten as time pass by.

"We have made a decision. That you, Princess Sofia Rosella Nicole. Will choose between the Princes' Of Every Kingdom that participates on the event. To Marry." Father said making me freeze in shock. 

Me? Getting married? At the age of 18? On the day of my Birthday and Crowning? Aren't I too young for this kind of thing? I thought that I would get my own will of choosing whoever I would want to marry... But now all of the sudden this is happening to me now? Getting married to someone I barely even know? Or to someone that I would only meet for the first time? Or to even get to know in a day? 

I felt so shock and angry at the same time as I heard My Father let out those words. They broke my heart as I recalled the promise My Father made when I was little. I looked at Father with an angry look on my face. "What?" I asked and Father just raised an eyebrow at me. 

"I thought that you promised to me that you won't set me up at any Force or arranged marriage at all." I said as tears forced to come out of my eyes. But I won't let them get out at all. Not at my current state. "You Promised me that. No matter what you won't Force me into something I don't want right?" I asked and I saw Father's Sad expression on his face. I glanced at Mother and saw her look at me with worry in her eyes. 

I didn't care anymore. I just felt betrayed by my own Father. He promised me that. Was All those years just a Lie? Was I just Believing on a Lie all this time? How come I didn't even think about that? But still... He is my Father after all. Of course i'd believe him. But... I can't just take it anymore. I ran out of the room. 

I cried as I ran as fast as I could to my room. I could here the maids asking 'If Something was wrong' or 'If i'm okay' But I just couldn't. I didn't stop running up until I reached the door to my room. I was so glad that I just wore my flats and not heels, Or else it would have killed my feet.
I looked my door and went over to my bed and cried there as much as I could to let my anger out. But instead I felt hurt, sadness and the feeling of betrayed. I cried to myself and let it all out. Up until I fell asleep and entered the only place that could make me happy and the most comfortable place in the world. My Dreams... The place were I could only feel happiness and avoid all cause of trouble. Just my freedom and happy place.