Chapter 2

"Clementine wake up, it's time for school!" Carver yelled from downstairs. He was standing at the bottom of the steps, waiting for her to call back. You see, Clementine and Carver made a deal that when he called up to her he'd wait five minutes for a response and if he didn't get one he would go up and get her, he never made it to five minutes though, usually only two.

 When not receiving an answer he started to make his way up the steps and towards Clementine's room. Once he reached her room he grabbed the door nob and swung the door open, causing it to hit the wall. The sound of the impact making Clementine jump awake and stare wide-eyed at the doorway. "I told you to get up!" Carver angrily yelled at her. 

Clementine scoffed, "Oh, cry me a fucking river." She muttered as she got out of bed.

"What was that?" He sneered out.

Clementine turned to him, "Can you get the fuck out so I can change and go to school?" She sneered back while pointing at the door behind him. 

Carver grumbled as he turned around and walked out of the room, slamming the door behind him. "You have five minutes!" He called to her through the door as he walked back down the stairs.

"Asshole." She muttered as she went over to her dresser and pulled out her clothes for the day.

__________________

Exactly five minutes later Clemeneitne came stumbling out of her room as she tried to pull her sock on, once she had it on she slowly made her way downstairs, dreading the idea of talking to Craver again.

"What took you so long?" He asked as he pulled his head out of the fridge from where he was getting yet another beer.

"What took me so long?! Seriously, you said five minutes, it's been five minutes." She fumed, almost yelling in his face. 

"Don't you yell at me." He sneered. "I am your fathe-" He started but was cut off by Clementine stomping her foot on the ground.

"No, no your not. You aren't my father and you never will be" After she said that she turned quickly, grabbing her bag from the table and practically running out the door. She continued running, tears making they're way to her eyes but she refused to let them fall. How did her life go from perfect and filled with joy to painful and sad? She used to feel loved, she felt joy and happiness every day and now... all that's left in it is darkness and desperation, isolation and sadness.

______________

By the time she got to school, Clementine was panting, her lungs and calves aching from the non-stop movement.

She walked over to one of the few trees that were dotted along the front lawn and leaned against it, leaning forward and putting her hands on her knees. 

After about a minute of taking deep breathes she looked up at the place she considered her second hell. She hated it, every second of the day she wanted to run from everyone and everything. But sadly today was the first day back and she needed to go. 

"Clementine!" She heard a voice from her right, she looked over to find James making his way towards her, giving her a small wave.

Clementine smiled faintly and gave a small wave back. "Hey, James." She greeted, standing up properly again. 

"You alright? It looks like you just ran a mile." He asked in concern. 

Clementine laughed a little breathily. "I almost did." She answered. When seeing the confusion on his face she held her hand up and waved him off, "Never mind." She said.

"O-okay." He said, confusion still covering his face. "Anyways, how was your summer?" He asked her as they both began walking towards the entrance to hell.