a letter to you dear.

Dear.
such a funny word to address someone by. fairly dated, while quite common at the same time.
Very well. I'm here to discuss other matters.

it's an abusive relationship. Not physically, we've ruled that out. It would be cool though, wouldn't it? "Hey I think I know you from somewhere... we must have wrestled before."
let's not.
instead the abuse is quiet and subtle.
subtle enough that we keep coming back for more yet not enough to tear us away from each other forever.
I've abused you maybe, you've abused me. it doesn't matter at this moment. And if it helps I've never wanted nothing less than the entire world
For you.

can we make it through this asylum called life? Of couse we can. Because today is just a memory of tomorrow. Because we're all in this together.

I remember that day so well.
I was in the middle of doing one thing or another when I heard the conversation. (it's a good thing my ears aren't as bad as my memory)
It was dark and bright at the same time and it felt like my heart was so heavy. Now you've been gone nearly two years and I see you when I see you but you don't see me as often. I only miss you when I see you so that's why it's so hard. And that's why we have to be apart right now.

Until the day we plan to meet again, obviously. And on that day you'll be a little taller. I won't pinch your cheek and tell you how smart you're starting to look but I might tell you that I've done it.

I might tell you that I've completely lost my marbles, dear.