Dad,
You've been gone a long time and I have to say,  I've missed your voice.

Today I see the state of the world as a young adult and hate knowing you're not around to talk current events with.

I feel older than ever somehow. Remembering the day you told me you were moving to Florida. I was 14. I miss being 14 only because you were alive.

Driving in a convertible, top-down, August in Orlando.

I can still taste the salty, humid air if I try hard enough. As kids we thought it was such a blast. Gross.

As I get older I'm feeling things differently. What was once a "big deal" is no longer significant - in the grand scheme of things.

You taught me about love, but more imporantly you taught me the hardest lesson of all:
how to face tragedy.

You made me strong.
Your love is felt from where you are and I hope it's a happier place.

"I am old but I am forever young at heart." This is how I remember you, Dad. Young at heart, not old. Richard Gere said that.

He said, "do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many."

You were only human. I missed that at 14. And after ten years of missing you physically it is finally clear.

Humans are delicate, confusing and precious.
You were a good father. You loved your kids.

They love you and miss you more.