10

In the Marines, you are allowed to flaunt the elegant coat with the title "justice" written on the back from the rank of lieutenant.

You reached the rank of lieutenant when you were twenty-year old, and yet you never chose to wear that jacket.

Now, with Fujitora and his entire unit bowed to the ground on a live screen, you were happy not to be branded with the word "justice".

The Admiral's action was sudden and it completely took you aback.

You had just re-joined the rest of the soldiers when he bent in front of the people of Dressrosa in representation of the World Government.

Judging by how immediately the other men followed his lead, you got they knew it was going to happen, they just didn't bother to inform you.

You were left standing among them, a clouded gaze on your face and your fingers secured around the strap of your rifle.

The former king of Dressrosa, Riku Doldo III, approached the Admiral with fast steps.

«Did you choose not to go after Doflamingo only to set this moment up?» he asked.

...what?

« I needed the truth. So I chose to let them do all the fighting. That was my gamble. How could a man who let pirates run wild on innocent folks turn his blade to a Shichibukai... and then act like he dispenses justice?»

A deep frown settled between your eyebrows.

Without a word, you turned around and walked away, passing among ranks of bowed marines.

«Captain!»

Someone grabbed your slacks and you stopped.

It was Vice Admiral Bastille, still injured from his previous fight, but bent with the others nevertheless.

«Captain, where the hell are you going?» he hissed «You will act like the rest of us, and–»

«I refuse.»

With a curt movement, you freed your leg.

You saw his lips twitching.

«You what?»

«I refuse to bow.» you pointed at Fujitora, who at this point was pretty far away «I didn't commit to any fucking gamble here. I committed to fighting the psychos of this world and protect people. Which that man prevented me to. So no, I will not bow for some idiocy he made me do.»

The nearest soldiers began to eye you and whisper among themselves, but you ignored them.

For once, Bastille lacked the words to reprimand you, and you took the chance to walk away.

You returned to the warship alone to take a shower and change in fresh civilian clothes.

Before heading out once again, your eyes lingered on the bed, craving a nap. But it had to wait.

Now that you weren't in the middle of battle anymore, each and every one of your superiors was going to be looking for you to give their orders and their rebuke.

When you reached the units once again, you weren't surprised to find Fujitora in a call with a raging Fleet Admiral, while the men around panicked.

You went and sat with your back against the boulder Fujitora was.

«THIS IS AN ISSUE OF THE MARINE HQ TRUST AND DIGNITY! YOU'VE CAUSED OUR JUSTICE TO LOSE FACE!»

«Aw... he's mad, isn't he?» you whispered, an amused smile curling your features.