63

July 20th 1980 (continued)

Melissa's POV
I was at the airport with Roger and the boys about to say goodbye to them. I had Alex in the pram and the other 2 were having a conversation with Freddie about something. I was with Roger, spending these last few moments with him.

"Do you want anything from anywhere?" Roger asked me

"No, I don't want anything. And don't even think about buying me anything" I pointed a finger at him

"I just thought about it," Roger says playing dumb with me. I hit his upper arm playfully but still hard

"Boys we have 10 minutes to leave, say bye to your families," Paul said getting everyone's attention

"Kids come over here for a second" I yell making them say a quick goodbye and hug to Freddie before running over to Roger and me

"Say goodbye to Daddy," I said as Roger got down to eye level with them.

He pulled them into a group hug and kissed them both on their foreheads

"Be good for mum, cause she has a baby to look after now and I can't be there to help her. If mummy tells me Your we're good I might bring home some presents. How does that sound?"

"Good" They Both said in unison making Roger and I laugh. Roger looked both of them in the eyes and noticed that they were about to cry

"Hey don't cry, I'll be back before you know it"

"I'm going to miss you, Daddy," Jared says rubbing his eyes

"I'll miss you both so much. Now let me do those smile before I tickle you" each of them gave Roger the most Adorable smile.

Roger gave them one more kiss before standing up and walking to the pram. He takes Alex out of the pram and gives him a kiss on the top of his head

"Next time I see you, you're going to be almost crawling," Roger said, who had tears in his eyes which I was quick to notice so I cleared them away with my thumb.

Roger gave him another kiss before putting him back. He turned his attention to me now. This was the part I was regretting. Saying goodbye to him.

Roger connect his lips against mine and picked me up of the ground. When he put me down, he pulled me into a tight hug.

"I'm going to miss you Rog" I started crying myself onto his chest.

I hated saying goodbye to him especially if he was going for a long time.

"I'm going to miss you too Princess, now Listen to Me" he broke our hugged and cupped my face

"If anything happens you are going to call. Alright?"

"Alright"

"Stay safe, please for me" I saw a tear escape his eye making my heart break more. The last time I had seen Roger cry completely was when he barged into the hotel room after some girl kissed him.

"I will, Rog, I promise you"

"Good" he slowly connected his lips against mine, letting them brush against each other.

"God I love you," Roger says breaking our kiss

"I love you too Roger" Roger gives me one more kiss, before turning back to the kids.

I look around and see Freddie all alone, sitting by himself and watching everyone say good he to their children and wives. Ever since Mary and he broke up he has had no one for him anymore.