7

7.

It is funny how fate seems to deceive us.

But good fate comes to good people, right?

Karma beats them after all.

---//---

"It was Chen Wen Hao."

Shaofei was seated in front of Jack. His blood-soaked pajamas were already discarded somewhere in the hospital trash can.

"He is -was- Boss's biological father. He tried to get Boss back into business. Blackmailing him in every way possible. Boss didn't think he would go as far as trying to murder you right on your wedding day."

"What are you saying?"

"It's over."

---//---

Tangyi's operation was of course successful. But to speed up the recovery process, Dr. Jang has given specific instructions not to let anyone come and see Tangyi until he was to be discharged.

---//---

---slap!---

"Tangyi! You are the biggest asshole in this world you know that!?"

Tangyi smiles.

Shaofei would later hear Tangyi's explanation on why he had to pretend he had everything when it was all Chen Wen Hao's doing. Why he had to kept Leia's existence out of Shaofei's life.

'It was proved to be efficient and effective. You helped me with the little pieces. I just have to deal with the big guns.'

'But Hongye... and Daoyi.'

'.... I couldn't save them either.'

But now, all that matter was their bodies and lips against each other, limbs tangled on the small hospital bed and hands all over the bodies they have missed so much, too much.

And Leia? Of course she's now laughing happily while ruining uncles Jack and Zhaozi's date night.