chapter twenty-one.

HEY AGAIN!! don't forget to vote and correct any of my mistakes plus enjoy this boring chapter hopefully my book will be more entertaining once again.

diana hadn't seen neither thomas nor reign for the rest of the night

diana hadn't seen neither thomas nor reign for the rest of the night. surprisingly she had missed the sound of her brother voice whenever he was annoyed at her. all she wanted was a hug and a reassurance that she would be okay but of course, luck wasn't always on her side.

the next day, diana had already packed her bags, knowing she'd have to go back home after school. her father called her last night, informing her that her mother had cooled down so that meant reign and her could come back home. she was relieved and worried at once. relieved that she didn't have to stay in thomas' house anymore but worried that she had to face her mother.

she couldn't properly understand how her mother could be so angry that she had worked so hard and had a future planned for herself.

diana sighed, slinging her backpack over her shoulder. she walked out the bedroom and made her way towards the kitchen as quietly as possible.

diana could hear voices talking in low whispers but they stopped as soon as she entered the kitchen. her eyes landing on the two beckham brothers as well as her own brother. all three had fresh bruises on their faces but nothing too bad, roman looked to only have bruises on his knuckles while thomas had a busted lip and reign had a black eye.

diana raised an eyebrow as they all just stared at each other. "what happened?" she asked slowly as she stepped towards them.

immediately all three boys shrugged their shoulders, each other mumbling different things.

"tripped."

"fell in the shower."

"we beat up some kid for thomas."

diana tilted her head in confusion as she looked towards roman who had a smug expression. "what kid?" she asked curiously.

thomas immediately sent diana a glare. "shut up will you? goddamn it's none of your business." he snapped harshly, getting up and grabbing his things before making his way outside.

diana stepped aside when he walked by, their eyes connecting once before he rushed past her.

diana looked back to reign who had just shrugged his shoulders and gestured that he was going to be outside.

now diana and roman were left alone in the kitchen together. his hard eyes watching her every move.

"what?" she asked as she reached forward onto the counter grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl.

"nothing." he shook his head as she leaned against he counter before a smirk appeared over his features. "i'll see you later diana." he said before walking past her, dragging his fingertips against the curve of her waist before leaving completely.