Feel Again

Tobins's POV

***

"I was going to throw you onto the streets but, you might actually come to good use." My foster dad says. He tied my hands onto the bed post with a zip tie and I could feel my own heart beating out of my chest. If this is where I die, I wanted it to be over as soon as possible. I didn't want to feel anything. Hell, if they kill me here then I wouldn't have to do it on my own.

"Tyler! Come down here." My foster dad says. Tyler, his son, came down the stairs and met us in the basement and he looked at his dad with a smile. He didn't have to say anything. He undressed himself and walked over to me.

I was only in my bra and underwear and the moment he laid his hand on me, shivers ran down my spine and they weren't the good kind.

"Scream for me." He says as she puts himself inside of me and I let out a cry.

"Get off of me." I plead but I knew that would't do anything, He thrusted his hips and with each movement I felt myself getting smaller and smaller and weaker and weaker.

"Please stop! Stop!" I yell but it was like no one could hear me.

***

"Tobin! Wake up!" My eyes shot open and and I sat straight up in bed. I felt hot and it felt like I couldn't catch my breath and I could feel tears rolling down my cheeks. I was met with a familiar pair of blue eyes. Alex had her hands wrapped around mine and I quickly pulled away.

"Stop! Get away from me."

"It's okay, Tobin. It's okay. It's just me. You were dreaming."

"Don't hurt me. Please don't hurt me."

"It's me, Alex. I'm not going to hurt you." She says quietly and until I realized where I was, I felt myself start to calm down. I wasn't near that family who hurt me. I was as far away as I can be from them. I was safe here.

She brought her hands up and looked me right in the eyes. "Trust me, okay?" She says softly. She brought her hands up to my face and I felt her wipe a tear away, but I flinched at her touch. Alex stroked my head and I just told myself to calm down. She won't hurt me.

"Are you okay?" She asks when she finally pulls away. I shrug my shoulders as I look away from her gaze. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asks me.

"No, I don't. You can leave now." I tell her. A sad and almost annoyed look came across Alex's face. She opened her mouth a little to say something but nothing came out. She did that a couple of times and furrowed her brows a bit, "if you want to say something say it."

"I know that I don't know you and that we hardly ever talk but well, you're hard to talk too. And I know I treated you like shit in the beginning but now I've been nothing but nice to you. All I want to do is get to know you. I just don't understand why you keep pushing people away. Why do you do it? Why do you feel the need to shut everyone out?" She tells me and finally, she lets out a sigh and looks away from me.

"Sorry." She says and I started feeling bad for her. I hardly know her, I don't know what she's been through.

"I don't mean too."  I say quietly as I crawl out of bed and look out the window. It was still dark out. "You don't know what I've been through and if I could tell someone about what I'm feeling I would, but there are just no words. No words to describe everything."

"Then I will wait, for as long as it takes, for you to find the right words." Alex says. I turn to face her and she was still sitting on the edge of the bed.

"And why would you wait? Why can't you just let me go?"

"Because I know what it's like to run from your problems and just shove everything in." Alex says. She has been through something. I slowly started to see a little bit of myself in her and I hated that. I study Alex as she looked down and played with her hair. I didn't trust her at first, I mean how could I? She was a complete bitch to me. But, there was something about her that was different. She was... surprisingly easy to talk to.

Maybe this is who she really was. Maybe these were her true colors. She was kind and she cared. That's who she was.

She just makes me feel something again.