My Boyfriend's a Psychopath

CHAPTER ONE:

"Livvy, dinner!" my mother called to me as I sat up in my room drawing to my favorite song. I quickly sighed, as I looked at my drawing.

"Almost done." I murmured to myself. I quickly twisted my hair up into a messy bun and headed downstairs, leaving my iPod on.

I walked into the diningroom, still in my school clothes which consisted of dark jeans, a black tshirt with a purple scarf wrapped around my neck. You'd think, a scarf in Florida, what the heck. But it was quite comfortable. "What's for dinner?" I asked, but could clearly see the food set on the table.

"Pork chops, green beans and mashed potatoes with gravy." my mother said, pot holders on her hands as she carried the glass cake pan of grilled pork chops. I smiled, I loved mashed potatoes. I quickly sat down, reached for the milk and poured myself a glass. "So how was school today? Did you get your score back on your test from Mrs. Pratt?" my mother, Susan, asked. Mrs. Pratt was my Government teacher.

"It was okay, Mr. Hawthorne was being such an asshole. I got an B- on my test." I said, sipping from my glass. Mrs. Pratt completely hated me, just because of my older brother Luke. He was always back mouthing the teacher and he pretty much failed the class. I'm even suprised he graduated. Now he lives in Miami with his fiancee, Jocelyn.

"Olivia Jade Porter! Quit with your swearing, your turning into your brother and you know we don't want that." she said, sitting down and placing a napkin on her lap. My mom always wanted me to be perfect. Perfect friends, grades, ecetera. I always thought she hated Luke, I actually loved him as a brother. He was so supportive in what I wanted to accomplish and he always treated me right. Now that he lives 120 miles away she acts like he doesn't exist anymore.

My father, Derrick, does miss his son but he's usually gone on business trips..actually he was a truck driver, so he was on delivery trips and such. So my mother and I only see him every 3 months, and he usually stays home for about a month, sometimes less. Depends on the trip. Dad usually checks in but he's busy, plus he does seem to always argue with my mom about being good parents and blah blah blah. All that usual parental crap.

"Sorry." I murmured, rolling my eyes with hope that she didn't notice. I quickly grabbed a steak knife and cut into the pork. I took a bite and all the porky goodness exploded in my mouth. "Yum." I said. "So have you heard from Dad yet?" I questioned, trying to keep my chewed food from falling out of my mouth.

"Nope. Last time we've spoken was two weeks ago. But he's coming home next month, thats a plus." she said, digging into her green beans.

I sighed, swallowing the pork.

It was a slow yet quiet dinner, minimal conversation was exchanged. I quickly looked at the clock on the wall, it was almost 10:15. I actually had to admit it, I was a little tired on a Friday night. Usually on Friday nights I was out with my only friend, Cassidy Abraham. We've been best friends since...forever. My mom was really good friends with her mom, and so our friendship came to be when I was born 3 days before her. I was born September 19th and she was born September 22nd.

I quickly swallowed my last bite of my pork chop, got up and put my plate in the sink. "You never commented on what I got on my Government test." I muttered, washing the residue of food down the drain.

"You didn't receive at least an A-, so I don't want to hear any thing about it." she said, sipping from her last drops of milk. I rolled my eyes. Really mom, do you always have to expect me to be perfect. Damn.

Once I resumed myself back in my room, I quickly stripped of my Friday at school attire and into Pink and Blue Fuzzy PJ pants and a Metallica T-Shirt. I kept my hair into a bun, and cuddled into my bed. I shut off my lamp beside my bed and tried to fall asleep.

The thought of my father still in my head, but eventually it reached the time of 12:22 am, and thats when my body finally let me fall asleep.