Chapter 21: Stuttering

Luke's POV

"Wait. What? Where's Kate?"

It replayed through my mind. Did Calum really just do that? I pinched myself hoping it was just a dream and that I'd wake up next to Kate, but when I open my eyes I was wrong. It was still the same old living room, with the dark leather sofas and mirror above the fireplace, it was the typical living room, with cream walls and nice little touches that made Jayne and Kate happy like vanilla scented candles, and to be honest it made Ashton happy too. He loved vanilla scented candles. There were pictures of Kate and Jayne and then my eyes stopped, on a picture of us. We were sat in Starbucks on our first date, rain laced the cafe window as we sat with our chins resting on our hands. We were smiling and we seemed so happy, it was crazy how we were in a daze yet we were still talking to each other. I have no idea who took this photo, a fan probably, but I liked it, I wanted to go and rub my finger against the edge of it like you see in movies, because this felt like a movie. I thought Kate was safe, I could stop worrying, but Calum blew our cover. I was dragged out of my thoughts by the police breaking the door down. They told us it was safe to go, but I just sat there, looking around the room; looking at that photo. Ashton and Jayne had left, leaving me to get my head round what happened. I could hear sobs coming from outside, I looked out of the window to see it was Kate, Jayne and Ashton were in an ambulance, and a police man was trying to get Kate to come with him to a bench on the street, but she was refusing to go with him.

"I need to see Luke!" She shouted, her voice sounded rough, like she had a really bad cold, but I knew it was from crying.

"Madame, would you just please come with me" she shook her head, still determined to see me. They thought I was dead? The police thought I was dead, Jayne and Ashton were in no fit state to tell her wrong, so she assumed the worst. I took one last glance at that photo, before waking out the broken door. Kate's eyes lit up and she started to run towards me, I ran down the flights of stairs as fast as I could. Kate wrapped her legs around my waist as I held her tight to my body, never wanting to let go. I took in her scent as she ran her fingers through my hair, she was special, she wasn't like any girlfriend I'd had before, there was something about her. I placed her on the floor but my hands still stayed on her waist, she let out a sigh of relief before giving me a reassuring smile.

"I thought you were dead Luke!" A tear escapes her eye at the thought, knowing this wasn't the first or the last tear made me realise I need her more than I thought, and so did she. I was a mess without her, the situation didn't help, but I knew even if I wasn't in that situation, I'd be a mess, not getting out of bed for days.

We walked over to the ambulance, where Ashton and Jayne were. Jayne was crying and pretty much shaking, not able to talk but just stuttering with Ashton trying to calm her down. Kate walks over to Jayne and grabs her face, look her straight in the eyes.

"It's all over now, we've done it. We're safe! And they've gone, and we won't see the again!" Jayne immediately stops crying and looks at Kate. She gulps before taking a deep breath.

"I don't think they caught them all. I think some have escaped."

Authors Notes

Sorry!!!! For a short chapter and no update last week!! I'll try and do a double update! Sorry it's a boring chapter, I just need a bit of a filler and some calm, cause I'm gettin all worked up here!! 😂 please vote and comment! It's only takes a couple of seconds! Ily X