3.

Lisa was working long and hard hours at the hospital while Rudy was out doing God knows what. Jersey felt like it was the perfect time to have some alone time. She spent most of her night in the tub singing along to some music. She laid in the clean-but-dingy-white tub that was filled with some cheap bubble bath. On her left was a cheap bottle of champagne that she bought from the store. Brand names on alcohol bottles didn't move her at all.

Tonight, Jersey felt like she needed something strong to help her relax. She grabbed the champagne bottle while singing horribly to an old Mary J. Blige song. After taking a few swigs from the bottle, she placed it down and pulled herself up.

Tears started to well up in her eyes as she thought about her recent mistake she made.

"What the fuck is wrong with me?" She slurred while pulling the drain out the tub. She staggered towards the sink with her bottle in her hand and looked at herself in the mirror.

Jersey was still beautiful, but her eyes were becoming red. Her lips trembled in fear as she touched her face. She breathed uneasily as her tears blurred her vision.

"What did I get myself into?" She cried while holding on to the sink for support. "What did I dooo!"

Knock, knock, knock

Those knocks caused Jersey to stop her crying. She just stood there sniffling. Lisa had made it home from work and overheard her niece crying in the bathroom. Instead of ignoring it, she decided to check on her.

"Jersey, you good in there?"

Jersey wiped her eyes as she tried to make her voice sound normal. "Uh, I'm fine."

"You don't sound fine to me girl. I heard you crying, open up the door."

Jersey hesitantly unlocked the door and stood their butt naked with water and soap suds on her slender body. Lisa looked at her as if she was crazy. When she noticed the champagne bottle on the sink, she assumed Jersey was drunk.

"Jersey, something is wrong with you?"

"Auntie..." Jersey forced out as she tried to stabilize her breathing. "I-I should've listened to you."

"Oh God..." Lisa trailed off while cocking her head to the side.

"You told me not to get in Rudy's business and to leave it alone."

"What did that nappy-headed boy do this time?" Her aunt asked her while placing her hand on her hip. "Did he say something to hurt your feelings?"

"No, no, no." Jersey answered while shaking her head. She fell forward into her Auntie's arms and cried into her shirt. The water wasted no time absorbing into Lisa's work uniform.

"Then what happened? Tell me."

"I went up to Malcolm's bar and I tried to talk to him."

Lisa pushed Jersey off her and said, "You tried to talk to him!" She bellowed. "For what reason?"

Lisa knew exactly who Malcolm was. He was a notorious, young businessman who lived in Brooklyn. He owned a couple of businesses and had money coming from variety of stores in New York. His illegal work brought in great profits since he was able to move around freely without the law being up his ass.

"I was trying to confront him about what he did to Rudy."

"So... he's the one who had Rudy in the hospital?" Lisa quizzed her with a surprised expression. Jersey just nodded her head as she grabbed her towel and wrapped it around her body.

Lisa's eyes wandered around the room; Obviously, she had a lot on her mind.

"S-so what did he do to you...to have you in here drinking yourself to death?"