21

Silence fell upon the trio as they stood there awkwardly.

Jersey looked over and narrowed her eyes as she examined the young girl. This was her second time seeing June. Just like the first time, June managed to dress up stylishly similar to the woman who was leaning on the archway. The woman had her eyes trained on June as she chewed away on her bubblegum.

"Malcolm is letting me stay here-in his apartment," Jersey spoke up, causing June's eyes to widen from the sudden information. "So, if you have a problem with it, you need to address your brother-not me."

"No, I'm addressing you." June snapped while doubling her lips. She pointed her manicured finger at Jersey.

"June." The woman warned her with a cautious glance.

She waved her off as she neared Jersey. Her energy was hostile, and she moved with so much boldness. June wanted all the smoke and she dared Jersey to jump. In her mind, she was going to rock her shit.

"Why are you here, Jersey? What relations do you have with my brother?"

"It's none of your business," Jersey replied calmly as she folded her arms.

June scoffed and looked her up and down with her upper lip curled. "Bitch it is my business! You disrespected my brother and now he's letting you stay here-in his apartment."

"June, that's enough." The woman warned, once again. However, she didn't seem to be any help.

The disrespect was real and on one hundred. Jersey cocked her head to the side and looked June from head to toe-similar to the way June had did her earlier. She parted her lips to speak while trying to maintain her composure. She didn't need to give June a reaction. She knew that the young girl wanted one.

"I'm trying to remain neutral with you-on the strength of Malcolm." Jersey started while looking at the girl. "But you keep trying me. Don't call me a bitch."

June didn't speak at all; she just held a bewildered expression on her face as she examined Jersey. The girl was just too calm for her.

"Hold on, now everybody." The woman who was leaning against the archway. She looked from Jersey to June. "Just calm down."

Jersey walked away and went straight towards her phone. She was about to text Malcolm until the woman asked her a question. Jersey looked up and narrowed her eyes for a brief moment.

"Jersey, right?"

"Yes."

"Okay." The woman replied with a quick nod. "I'm Frida, Malcolm's mom. I-"

"You're really Malcolm's mom?"

Jersey couldn't believe that Frida was Malcolm's mom. She was so youthful looking and didn't look a day over thirty. However, the similarities were there. He shared the same skin complexion as his mom and that same beauty mark that sat on the left of their cheek.

Frida furrowed her eyebrows while placing her hands on her hips, "His birth mother, yes."

Jersey noticed her facial expression and quickly corrected herself.

"It-it's just that you look so young."

June managed to roll her eyes and let out a rude sigh.

"I'm thirty-nine." Frida spilled casually as she chewed on her gum. "That's not young at all."

"I don't even know why you're talking to her." June pointed out as she flung her hands, phone barely hanging on. "This is the same girl who had the audacity to check my brother about her cousin! And let's not forget that she fought Morgan!"