Part 5

Brian's POV
A month and a half later
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Brian had his bag ready three days before he was due to be released.

To say he can barely contain his excitement is an understatement. He can't wait to see his friends, go back home and spend hours sprawled on their couch playing Scrabble and chatting. He can't wait for the moment when he gets to share the songs he has written with his friends, can't wait to go to bed pleasantly cuddled by three other people.

A month and a half in the hospital has gone both incredibly fast and torturously slow.

He has listened as their album slowly rose to the top of British charts, Killer Queen playing every so often in the old battered radio of his room, and his roommates have a field day every time it does. They dance and sing at the top of their lungs, making Brian cry with laughter at the ridiculousness of it all. By their side, the hectic hospital wing doesn't seem nearly as daunting.

Brian knows he is going to miss them, Sebastian, with his too bright smile and too thin arms, and Phil, with his curly hair and ever-changing moods.

He keeps the letters that Freddie, Roger, and John had written to him before he left. He treasures them, following their instructions and opening one of the forty-five letter pack they gave him each day, and all but cries every time he finishes reading one. By the time three letters remain Brian finally realises how much he misses his boys. He wishes he had his phone with him, or maybe even access to a computer to make sure that the press hasn't eaten them alive in his absence.

Yeah, a month and a half have been torturous.

He enters his psychiatrist's office with a smile in his face, the warm sun is streaming through the windows, the room smells pleasantly of incense, and the young woman is sitting in her reclinable chair, smiling at Brian. He walks over to the board and places one blue sticker on the box marked with March 23rd. The woman smiles, "Two months clean, eh?"

Brian's smile widens, "Two months clean."