Part 6

Brian's POV
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

It is almost frightening how the thing that you have been waiting for the most might sometimes scare the crap out of you. To Brian, the scarcely decorated psych ward, and the homey like office of his psychiatrist had been his home for a long time. And sure, he couldn't wait for the day in which he was released, but now that he was signing the papers and being handed everything that they took away from him before he entered the hospital, well Brian couldn't help but feel nervous.

It had been a month and a half since he had last seen his boys. Forty-five days, sixteen hours, and twenty-three minutes. After all, only next of kin were allowed to visit Brian during his stay.

The doors to the hospital opened after a long beep, and once the air came inside Brian felt tears prickle at the corner of his eyes. Not for anything else but for the image of his mother standing right outside the hospital. Arms crossed over her chest and a sweet smile on her features. He walked over, letting his suitcase flop on the ground as he wrapped his arms around her and spun her around.

Ruth laughed gleefully at her son's bright mood, tangling her hands into his hair and smacking a wet kiss on his cheek. His father came out of the car then and gave Brian a hug as well. And once they were all seated into the car, and his father turned the ignition key, the radio crackled to life and 'Killer Queen' blasted through the speakers.

His parents laughed, and his mother even let herself hum along to Freddie's voice, but instead of feeling the same glee he always did, Brian could only wonder about two things. One, if Sebastian and Phil were rocking away like they usually did, and two if he still had the same place in the band he had left behind.

After all, in one of his long reading session at Saint Mary's Hospital, he had read that it only takes twenty-one days to make or take something out of your routine. And Brian... well Brian hadn't been a part of Queen for forty-five days.