13

When we got to the hospital YoYo was in tears. Her eyes were swollen, and red. I could tell that she was crying for a while.
"My baby! My baby girl!" She wailed. I watched Ed sob with her.
"This is all your fucking fault." She said to Ed.
"The fuck did i do?" He replied. I could tell that this ain't gonna end well for none of us.
"You put a hit on Oscar."
"What?"
"You know exactly what I'm talking about."
"Baby can we talk about this later?"
"No! We can talk now. Its not like you don't know we know."
"Listen..."
"I don't wanna hear the bullshit."

I'm baffled by the whole thing. I thought we was murking this nigga. What the fuck is Yolanda on?
"Whatever."
"We're done, fuck you."
"You wasn't meant to be more than a fuck anyway."
I slapped the fuck out of Ed for saying that to her. He ain't gonna talk to my best friend like that.

Oscar and Omari were ready to beat his ass if he tried to touch me. I sized him up and he walked out.

Yolanda
Its been a week since Ed and i broke up. I moved out as soon as I got out of the hospital. I no longer gave a fuck about getting even. Losing the baby really did a number on me. I grew to love my baby so much. Losing her made me realize that an eye for an eye ain't the way to look at shit. I just wish I realized it sooner. My daughter could of been on her way still and months from now she could of been in my arms sleeping while I hum a lullaby to her. I unpacked my shit in my new apartment. The doctor told me to rest for a few weeks but I can't just lay there and do nothing. 

I heard a knock at my door. I got up from the floor and opened the door to see Oscar. He was smiling with a big box in his hand. 

"What's in the box?" I asked.

"Open it." he said. 

I opened it and saw a bunch of cash.

"O, where did you get this?"

"I made some calls pulled some strings and ran Ed out of town."

"And you got money from him too?"

"I did some illegal money wiring."

"You didn't have to do all of that."

 "Ain't no way in hell ima let him be in the same state as you. I put a bounty on him."

"Omg, I love you so much." 

I hugged him tightly.

"I love you too sis. Why are you unpacking? You're supposed to be on bed rest."

"You know ima busy body. "

"Yeah but you gotta get your rest."

"I do."

"Let me help you instead."

"Fine."

I rolled my eyes and Oscar helped me unpack my stuff. He honestly is the best friend I could ever ask for. Even though he got even for me in a way losing my baby girl made me realize that its better to let karma do her own job. I guess its time to change for the better and put all that gang shit and gang mentality behind me for good.