Normal Day (Chapter 2)

Wearing a calm smile, you walk up to your parents' room. Your parents were a lot harsher than your brother. Considering he only yelled at you, your parents would probably hit you.

This is how your life was. You wake up every morning to make your family, who doesn't even love you, breakfast. While they're eating you, you usually get ready for school. So that's what you started to do.

You rushed up to your room to grab your stuff. You quickly shoved your laptop into your computer case, then you grabbed your Galaxy designed backpack. When searching around your room for your headphones, you grab a few items you needed for school.

You double check that you had everything you needed for school and quickly went out the window. Of course it would have been easier to go out front door, but if you did that you would have to walk past your family. And that's the last thing you would want to do, you were just trying to avoid getting hurt which was bound to happen if your family saw you.

You let out a sigh of relief that you finally got to leave that godforsaken house that you will never call home. Grabbing your headphones out of your pocket you untangle the wire and plug them into your phone.

Before you got the chance to play any music a thought came to mind. 'What if there was a way I could stop all this. What if I could stop my family from hurting me. What if I never had to see them again. What if I was able to be happy. I mean is that too much to ask?'

You pushed away that thought as you played your favorite song on your phone. You put your computer bag over your shoulder around your torso, and your backpack hanging off your right shoulder.

When you were all set, you checked for the third time that you had everything you needed. You then started to walk to school. Looking up at the sky you let out another sigh of relief. 'I really need to get out of this town',you thought.

It took about 30 minutes to walk from your house to school. When you finally got there you put up the hood of your hoodie to hide your face from everyone else so they didn't notice you. You didn't really have a good reason that you didn't want them to notice you, you just didn't feel like talking to people. You're not really shy, you are more socially awkward then anyting though.

You lazily walk through the main entrance of the school. While you're walking to your locker a teacher stops you in the hall. Remembering the rules of the school you realize that you still had your hood up. This happened a lot. You always forget that you can't have a few Hood up in school. You truly hated that rule.

Once you put down your hood the teacher let you go. Disappointed you walk to your locker which is about 3 feet away from where you were standing. You shrug your backpack off of your shoulder and put in the combination to open the small door of your locker. You pull out your binder and a book and then put your backpack on the hook in your locker.

You walked to homeroom and set your things down on your desk in the the far back of the room next to the window.

You get through school in a blur just like every other day. And you finally get to go to your house. You were really dreading that part of the day. Your house isn't exactly the safest place, but you already knew that.

[630 words]