Being Me

*One week later*
Samantha's P.O.V
I woke up at 5:45 this morning which is pretty early for me. I usually don't wake up until about 6:15.

I dreamt about Melissa actually talking to me I could actually feel the butterflies in my stomach. Never in my life have I had a dream where I get actual butterflies.

I stayed in my bed for a while singing my heart out. I was obsessed with music and loved to sing but, I hated my voice. Even though the people who have heard it which was very few fell in love with my voice I never liked it.

I finally got up and got ready for school. I hopped in the shower and was out in no time. After that, I brushed my teeth and washed my face and did my hair like I do every morning.

This morning had an oddly positive vibe like today would be good or something would happen.

Once I did my hair I put on a black thrasher hoodie with ripped black jeans and checkered black and white vans.

I headed downstairs and saw my mom already left for work. I made myself some waffles with blueberries ate it and headed to the bus with my headphones on.
~~~~~~~~~
Once we got to school I was greeted by Ally.
"Hey Samantha what's up" the short peppy girl said.
"Hey Ally." I say apparently looking very cheery myself.
"You seem to be in a good mood this morning." She says.
"I don't know today just feels like it will be good." I reply.
"Alright well have a good day Samantha." She says hugging me.
"Thanks Ally you too." I say hugging her back.

The day goes by pretty quickly because I didn't have any classes with the tall curly haired beauty. She was still the only thing on my mind and I couldn't seem to get her out.

In my last class of the day which was physics a class I never understood and still don't, I just daydreamed about Melissa. When the bell rang I got my stuff together and left school for the day.

I decided to walk to a nearby park to relax for a while. When I was sitting under a tree the craziest thought came to my head.

Today is the day. "Day for what?" You might ask. Today is the day I should come out. I'm bisexual but I'm not out yet. I was always too scared at my old school, I thought I would be judged.

There's something about Blue River that just feels so accepting like you can be yourself. I don't really know anyone here so it wouldn't matter anyway. I made about maybe 5 friends in the past week.

There's only one person who's opinion I was really concerned about was Melissa's. She doesn't even know me. We've never even spoken to each other before.

Eventually, after thinking for a while it was starting to get dark so I made my way back to the house. I sat in my room and went on YouTube and watched a lot of coming out stories. I was seriously considering doing this. My mom had already knew a few months before but none of my friends did, so I decided I would post it on Snapchat.

I forgot to mention Melissa had added me on snap after the first day I guess some of the kids took a liking to me. I got about 40+ adds after the first week.

After hyping myself up for about 15 minutes I got out my phone and decided to  write it.
"Alright so.. I think there's something I should tell you all.. some of you guys may have realized I'm a partial tomboy well it's because... I'm bisexual and just wanna be me. So if you don't like it or don't like me anymore feel free to unadd me. I don't need any negativity around me.🙃"  Andddddd post.

Oh... my... gosh! I just did that. I turned off my phone and laid back and threw a pillow on my face.

I had a feeling of instant regret. I was terrified that people would stay away from me or something. I was shaking at this point.

I picked up my phone and turned it on again scared to even look at it. I was flooded with notifications from Snapchat.

Oh boy here we go. I thought before unlocking my phone my hand still shaking. All of my friends from my old school were super supportive. Saying things like "I'm so proud of you." "Do you hun." "Omg yayyy good job." "I still love you regardless." I was overwhelmed with happiness and my nerves began to settle.

I continued scrolling and saw a message from Melissa. I was kinda nervous to open it but I did. I was super calmed and overwhelmed with joy when it said "Cool me too."

MELISSA IS BISEXUAL TOO!!! I might actually have a chance! I was so happy I literally got up and jumped on my bed. I responded to her."I knewww itttt!"

It was past midnight so I decided I should go to bed. It was Friday but I didn't feel like staying up. I slowly drifted off to sleep dreaming of Melissa of course just like I had been the pst few nights.

~the next day~
I woke up still happy as ever and I ran downstairs. I was greeted by my mom in the kitchen and I hugged her.
"Morning mom" I said with a smile.
"Well you're in a cheery mood this morning what happened?"she asks laughing.
"Oh nothing." I say. I'm already out to my mom. I can tell her anything.
"Is it a boy?" She asks.
I shake my head no in response.
"A girl?" She asks with a smile.I smile back. "Maybe." I say.
"What's her name?" She asks.
"Melissa. She doesn't really know me though." I say my expression clearly getting upset.
"It's alright she will soon enough." She reassures me.

We eat breakfast which was an omelet with toast and strawberries today.

Once we're finished I head out to the pool to relax for the morning when my phone goes off.

Melissa😍🙏🏽: hey
Samantha😊: hi
Melissa😍🙏🏽: what's up?
Samantha😊: nothing much just chilling by my pool.
Melissa😍🙏🏽: you have a pool? That's so cool!
Samantha😊: yea I have a pretty nice house actually. I don't like to brag about it though and not many of my friends come here.
Melissa😍🙏🏽: well... can that change?

I almost screamed!!

Samantha😊: sure why not you pick the date.
Melissa😍🙏🏽: how about later today?
Samantha😊: alright I'll ask my mom.
Melissa😍🙏🏽: alright
*5 minutes later*
Melissa😍🙏🏽: what did she say?
Samantha😊: she said that's fine
Melissa😍🙏🏽: yay! Cool should I bring a swimsuit.
Samantha😊: I mean if you wanna go swimming then you can
Melissa😍🙏🏽: will you be swimming?
Samantha😊: do you want me to?
Melissa😍🙏🏽: I mean I don't wanna swim by myself so yes 😂
Samantha😊: alright fine I'll swim
Melissa😍🙏🏽: yayyy I'll be over in 20 minutes
Samantha😊: okay I'll go get ready see you soon.
Melissa😍🙏🏽:bye for now☺️

Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!!! Melissa is coming to my house! What do I do!?!

I sprint upstairs and get in the shower. I pick out some clothes once I'm done. I took out a mint green two piece swimsuit, some denim shorts, and a black crop top with my holographic slides from pink.I was beyond nervous.

Eventually I heard my doorbell ring. My heart dropped. She's here.

I walked to the door and slowly opened admiring the beauty in front of me. She was stunning, even if she was only in a white T-shirt and denim shorts with some sunglasses and pink flip flops.

Alright. I wonder what's gonna happen next with Melissa and Samantha. This is the end of Chapter 2.