two

Harry

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Standing in front of his wardrobe for an inordinate amount of time, he realized, with nerves collecting in the pit of his stomach, that he had no idea what to wear.

If Louis decided to be on time today, he would arrive in ten minutes, at six o'clock exactly. There was no telling what the omega would be wearing, whether his outfit would consist of junky clothes or something nicer.

Usually for arrangements like this, there was an unspoken rule to dress comfortably because all clothing would be removed soon, anyway. But his rut wouldn't begin for another day, meaning he had twenty-four hours of lucidity to worry about everything, including his decision between jeans and sweats.

He sighed, hitting his head on the wooden door of the wardrobe. Louis hated him at worst, and barely tolerated him at best. There was no need to dress to impress. Stupid Harry. He pulled on a pair of sweats and an old t-shirt, figuring they'd probably end up covered in come, slick, and sweat in no time.

He paced around his home, cleaning up any mess he could find, as he waited for the buzzer to ring. When it did, he was shoving a pile of clutter under his bed, embarrassed that he could be so messy, when others tended to assume he was organized. It felt like he was living a big lie, sometimes. He bumped his head on the nightstand on the way up and ran to the door, still wincing in pain.

"Hi," Louis said, the door swinging open from Harry's hand.

He was standing there in a vintage Adidas windbreaker and joggers, black baseball hat on his head, bangs brushing against his forehead. He looked beautiful and intimidating all at once.

"Uh, hey," Harry greeted after a moment too long, opening the door wider and smelling Louis' sweet scent. It immediately became overwhelming even when he was still standing in the hallway. "Welcome to my, uh, home."

Louis brushed past him, walking into Harry's apartment with a sort of confidence the typical omega didn't tend to possess. He didn't take his shoes off, but they didn't look dirty, and Harry was too afraid to say anything, anyway.

Louis was just like that, a bold omega. He denounced social expectations at any chance he received. He defied those who attempted to control him, typically alphas and the occasional beta. He refused to fall into the accepted role of omega.

Also, his neck was uncovered, and Harry felt obligated to look away. The bare skin was tempting, and older generations would regard it as obscene.

Harry was definitely too close to his rut to think straight. He rubbed at his jaw and followed Louis to the kitchen counter where a form was waiting for him to sign. His head was still throbbing from hitting it on the nightstand.

His signature ended up looking more like a random scribble than anything, but he was glad his hands weren't shaking. His entire body was thrumming with anticipation and anxiety, the knowledge that he had an omega in front of him, one he was meant to breed. Harry didn't like to think like that, but the intentions of the situation were impossible to ignore.

"Thanks," Louis said, picking up the form.

"There's a scanner in my office, so you can email it."

He led the way as Louis followed behind him, not hiding the way he appraised the apartment as they passed each room. Harry was proud of his apartment because it was beautiful and almost everything he wanted in his first home. He was on the corner of the building, and both the living room and his bedroom had french doors that lead out to balconies. His office had floor-to-ceiling windows as well and the other walls were comprised of book shelves, filled with his life's library.