Chapter 7

The next morning was such a blur. I remember waking up to a slight nudge on my arm. I completely forgot where I was and where I had been. I slowly open my eyes to see Sam standing over me. Everything starts coming back to me. Ugh. No. I just want to go home, get in bed and never be seen by anyone else ever again. I can barely make out that Sam is repeatedly saying my name over and over again. 

"Lezzie. Lezzie."

"Hi. I am so fucking sorry for all of thi.." He cuts me off. "Lez, don't worry about it. You have nothing to be sorry for. Here take this. I'm sure you need it." He hands me a glass of water and an advil. I didn't realize how much I actually do need it until I sat up to take it. Wow. My head is killing me. God I'm so stupid.  I never did anything like this in high school, and here I am now. 

"Thank you, Sam." 

"Of course. Are you ready to get up? Or do you need more sleep. You're welcome to go back to sleep if you want to." 

"No I definitely don't need to go back to sleep. I need to stay get up. My parents are probably freaking out. I need to figure out what in the hell I'm gonna tell them."

"You don't need to worry about that. Samantha texted them last night and said you were just staying over at her house. So you should be good."

"Oh thank god. I knew I loved her for a reason."  He laughs. 

"So I was wondering though. Do you wanna go to waffle house? That's the best thing for a hangover. I'll pay."

That sounds good, but I really do need to get home. I just want to take this day and rest and recoop.  If I feel better later, I might go by the pool and swim laps. 

"I'm sorry Sam. I need to get home. Thank you though."  He sits down on the side of the bed where I am sitting. I put my hand on his arm and look him in his gorgoues eyes. "And for real I know you say its okay, but I really am sorry for last night. Thank you for taking care of me." I then get up and start getting my stuff ready to leave. 

"Of course Lez. Do you need a ride home"? 

"No. I drove remember." I knudge him in the arm. "He we can hang later if you want"?

He smiles at me. "That sounds good. Just text me whenever."  I start to walk out the door. 

"Bye Sam." We just looked at eachother for a minute. It was almost like time kind of stopped for a few seconds. I don't know what that was. He just makes me feel something weird that I have never felt before, and I barely know him. "Bye Lez. Drive save." 

"I will." Finally I walk out the door, and am immediately blinded by how bright it is. My hangover reminds me yet again of how stupid I am for last night. I grab my sunglasses when I get in my car. I can only imagine what I look like right now.

When I pull up at the house I notice both of my parents are home, which is what I was not hoping for. I try to be unseen when I walk in, but that doesn't exactly go as planned. My dad is standing in the kitchen. My hair is a mess, I'm wearing sunglasses, and I probably smell like vomit and sweat. My dad always seems to see right through me so I know he will know. 

"Uh, hey sweetie. Rough night"? 

"Let's not talk about it." I give him a fake smile. 

"Alright, as long as you were safe and nothing bad happened."

"No dad. I'm fine. Just not feeling great so I'm gonna go lay down."

"Okay. Just maybe next time, dont drink so much"? He looked at me and laughed. I just roll my eyes and walk to my room.