Ch.10

Almost immediately after the man wished Jack good luck, Jack's box started to close in on him.

He kept his body turned away, refusing to let you see his real face. You can tell that the box is hurting him but he continues to not fix it.

Fixing it would require moving his arms and moving his arms would allow you to see his face.

You didn't understand what was so bad that you couldn't see his face. I mean, it couldn't have been that terrible.

"Jack! No! Fight it or you'll suffer the same fate as my parents," you screamed at him. He didn't budge but he did respond.

"He healed your parents, right? Then he should heal me too," Jack said, his logic shining through.

You couldn't help but believe that the man wouldn't. You pushed the thought far from your mind, pretending that you didn't think it.

"Jack, fix your position or you'll be crushed alive! Doctors aren't supposed to fix themselves up! Also, you can't heal yourself when you're dead!"

Jacks hands held him in position. You saw him itching his arm a lot. A nervous habit, you noticed.

"Jack!"

"Hush, (Y/N)! I know, I'm going to die! I should turn around! I should do this and that! I'm immortal, (Y/N)! I won't die. Also I don't have to do shit! I'm the doctor, I know better than you do what I should be doing."

He turned around in anger. He yelled and you heard. You saw his face. It was all gray and his teeth were sharper than a wolfs.

"J-Jack?" you asked. You were scared. You didn't want to be scared but you didn't expect this.

He gasps silently and turns back around quickly, almost being unable to.

"See? I'm a monster," Jack says. His voice is quieter than you think it should be. You hear his arm crack and twist into a weird position.

"Jack, you- you aren't a monster. No...," you start but don't finish. You don't know what to say to make him feel better.

Silence followed as you both sat there. Staring at Jack, Jack staring away from you.

More cracks and then Jack's cough. It was a small noise but it was bittersweet after the moments of quiet.

Bitter because he was dying. No doubt about it, coughing up blood is a really bad sign. You hoped the man would stop.

You dreamed for the moment when this would end. You didn't want Jack getting hurt. Even though you were scared, you were still friends with him.

"Jack!" you yelled at him. "Stop torturing yourself like this! You aren't a monster!"

Jack's body twisted in a weird way and you heard a shaky breath come from him. Then, his cube was gone.

You stared at where it had been, not looking away. Even when the man came back, you didn't look.

"So sad, Jack died. Well—," the man started.

"Where is he? Where's Jack?" you ask the man.

You can feel him stare at your head.

"It isn't your power, is it? My suspicions were correct. No one fails the first test if they can help it."

Finally, you look at him.

"What?" you ask.

"Oh, you don't know. Well, maybe this time she'll allow you to remember. Maybe this time, you'll live past this part, all thanks to her. Her powers really are a curse to everyone but her."

You stand to the best of your ability and glare at the man, "what are you talking about?!"

"Oh, she can tell you. After all, now you know about her. I'm surprised I didn't remember all the resets, all the restarts. I thought for sure I would if it was a weaker being.

"Unless she isn't all that weak. Which would explain a lot, actually. The fact that—," he rambles on before you cut him off.

"What are you talking about?! This is absolute madness!" you scream at him.

The box starts to close in on yourself. You sit down and start to get blurry vision. You feel like you're about to pass out.

This feeling came out of nowhere, though. It couldn't be explained. In all your years of learning medical stuff, things like this didn't just come out of nowhere.

"I'll have to have a chat with Slender. If I remember about this all, that is. Bye, (Y/N). It was nice remembering you. Figuring you out time after time."

You close your eyes and fall into a slumber. Tears stop immediately. The whole world goes in reverse.

Everything whizzes past your head. Everything, everything, everything until it's all white. All around your unconscious body is white.

Of course, you didn't know that. You were unconscious for a reason.

A girl stepped out of the white. Her pale skin and dark red eyes contrasted greatly. A long white dress was on her, it faded into red and was awfully beautiful.

Her hair was just like her dress, white ombré into dark red. She looked like some sort of goddess.

You groan in pain, feeling sick to your stomach. You slowly open your eyes, trying to get used to your bright surroundings.

"What?" you ask yourself. You see the girl there, looking beautiful as ever. You stare for a moment as she opens her mouth.

"I guess that it's time to explain myself," her delicate, soft voice rang out. "I'm Halleia, a daughter of the famous Leimia. I control all of time."

"Oh, shit."