Ch.13

I wrote the lower half as I and I'm and my so you're just gonna have to live with it until I fix it.

After two hours you awoke again. It wasn't because you were fully rested or because you felt the need to wake up, it was because Halleia was next to your ear, screeching like a banshee.

"Oh, my god, stop it!" you yelled before slamming the pillow below your head over your ears.

"Technically, I am your god. Anyways, get up we got work to do," Halleia stood up, away from your ear. You glared at the wall.

"No, I don't wanna."

"You don't have a choice."

You heard the goddess snap and suddenly you were standing upright in your normal clothes. You almost fell when you felt the cold ground against your warm feet.

"Jesus, why?" you exclaimed.

"I'm not Jesus. It's time to train you," Halleia laughed at me.

"Train me in what? My power to live?" you mocked her. You knew for sure that you didn't have a power to live.

"No, train you to take in all the memories I'm going to give you. You'll want them if you want to stop making dumb mistakes."

"What? I'm getting memories back? Ones from all my past lives?"

"Yes, I've been told by Slenderman that you should have them for your next retry. He promises he won't go after you and he'll make sure all his proxies, and Olivia, will stay away."

"Wait, what? Why would I want to stay away?"

"It's dangerous (Y/N), and I've decided something. My time has been running our faster since I've tried to keep you alive. I'm going to just let you die. Whatever happens happens, unfortunately."

Halleia pauses for just a second, a bright light overtaking her. She mumbles only a few words, but just enough to send me over the edge.

"Have fun living."

I wanted to scream no, I wanted to yell to her that meeting Jack wasn't a bad thing. I wanted to tell her that Slenderman couldn't keep his dumb proxy's and followers away forever. But I couldn't.

My head was ringing, my throat felt dryer than a desert, and my thoughts were buzzing so loud that I couldn't hear half my thoughts.

When the light stopped I was in the hospital. I could see it all clearly, remember everything. From this new life, from my past life's, all of Olivia and Jack's words to me.

I heard a small gasp, "her eyes are open! Is that supposed to happen?!"

It was a young feminine voice. Another voice answered, "no, bring her to me."

The other voice was more masculine and old. Clearly one doctor had worked there longer than the other.

I was confused for a split second before my thoughts snapped into place. I was a baby. I moved my hands and looked down to see them fumbling around.

I closed my eyes again, evening my breathing through a practice from a past life I didn't even know I had. Sleep came to me within seconds.

The next time I opened my eyes I was being held by my new mom. She smiled sweetly down at me.

"Hey, honey. My name's (M/N) but you're gonna call me Mom, yeah?" her breath was hot against my face. She continued speaking, "your name is (Y/N), got it?"

All these questions confused me. I was a baby. She knew I couldn't speak so why ask me questions.

I nodded my head only a little bit. I heard her gasp before I closed my eyes again. Being a baby was such hard work, harder than I expected it to be.

-_-_-_-_-

"Mom, I'm fine. This is me calling from
(Home town) to let you know that I won't be coming back. I'm looking for someone, you can't help me find them. Goodbye."

-_-_-_-_-

Walking through parks always seemed like a pass time for nerds or those quirky girls in teen movies. It turned out to be a nice thing to do.

Of course, walking to others was a way to destress and I was just doing it to try and find the Slender Mansion.

Finding a place with no discernible location was not an easy feat. I had walked through forest to forest. I had moved from town to town, country to country. I had followed strings of murders trying to find someone, anyone of the creepypastas, really.

Slenderman always seemed one step ahead of me though, probably monitoring my thoughts to stop me from finding them.

One busy morning, sitting on a bus from Ohio to Michigan, I was contemplating what I was doing.

Should I call my mom, should I tell her I want to come back home? My heart said no but all logic pointed to yes.

I had done nothing with my life. I had went to college and breezed through it. I've went through thousands of lives, you learn a thing or two.

But with my degree I didn't nothing. I worked a few minimum wage jobs to get enough money to travel and then hightailed it away.

I still had money and a ways to go. Michigan was the last state to check before going to Canada.

I'll finish my search. If I come up empty handed so be it, I'll go back home. Until then, Michigan.

I got off the bus.

There was a forest near the stop.

I walked. And I continued walking. And I walked a whole lot more. Until, at about two am, I heard a small 'oof'.

My interest was piqued.

I looked and I ran. It came from the left so the left was where I went. A small 'shit' led me to two trees standing oddly close together, perfect hiding places for dumb people.

Walking around the trees had my heart racing. There was nowhere else for these people to go. No place for them to run.

The first thing I saw turning the tree was a knife and then a fist. Then I was laying on the ground with a bloody nose screaming, "what the hell, Jeff?!"

It was Jeff and Jane, who had been hiding till they had a fight and she pushed him out of the tree.

I was almost home at last.