Chapter Five: Moving On

________________

Author's Note

________________

Hello everyone.

Before this chapter begins, I would like to say sorry for my incredibly late update. There has been a lot going on lately so it has been hard to update but I have a new chapter for you anyway.

Please vote or comment if you like my story.

Thank you and enjoy the chapter.

________________

Tamries' P.O.V 

________________

I woke up in the forest, laying near the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.  

Her brown hair fanned out over the wooden platform, glowing as the early morning sun's rays shine upon it.

Her face was pale, but nowhere near as pale as mine. Her dress hung losely off her tiny frame, the fabric stained with dirt and mud.

Her face and arms were also smudged with mud.

I lay there for a few more seconds, before I slowly got up and climbed down the tree. I landed quietly on the forest floor. The ground was damp and covered in leaves that crunched beneath my feet as I walked along.

I started looking for any wild berries that I could eat. I can hunt for food, but I prefer to pick berries and fruit because I love animals too much to kill them for food. I really love aimals. It's like I can communicate with them. I know it sounds weird but I can connect with them, make them my friend. I had lots of pets that I had made friend with in Mithreal, they seemed to be the only ones, besides my parents and my best friend, that understood me.

That is part of the reason why I was banned from ever returning from Mithreal.

I found a bush with some red berries growing on it. I took a closer look and recognised that they were Lorpar berries, so the were safe to eat.

I took out my two knives. They felt cold against my hands as I removed them from my lether belt. They had curved metal blades and oak handles, with patters carved into them. I took the knives in my hands and began to cut off some berries.

I collected about a handfull and went back to see if Clara was awake yet.

________________

Clara's P.O.V

________________

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping in the distance.

I opened my eyes and let them adjust to the bright sunlight peeking through the trees. I looked over and saw that Tamries was gone.

I jolted upright and saw him sitting in the clearing eating a handful of berries. I slowly climbed down the tree and landed on the ground below.

"Good morning," I said, yawning.

"Good morning to you too," said Tamries, beaming up at me. He was so handsome.  

I sat down on the damp ground next to him and he gestured for me to take some berries. I took a few and started to eat them. They tasted delicious. I wonder where he found them.

"I never got the chance to ask you, why are you all the way out here?" Tamries asked. 

I explained everyhing, about how the ravens come everyday, that that day they had come twice and how the whole village was destroyed.

By the time I had inished explaining it to him, I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I blinked, trying to prevent them from falling. I couldn't cry nfront of Tamries.

"I'm....really sorry about what happened," he said sympathetically. His bright green eyes stared at the ground.

We sat there in silence for about a minute, although at the time it seemed longer.

"Do you get ravens in Mithreal?" I aksed, struggling to hold back my tears. He looked up and stared into my eyes.

"No, although Mithreal is the only remaining place in theCamriel that The Mistress does not control," He replied. He took a stick and started to scribble in the sand.

"Why doesn't she control it?" I questioned, watching him draw what looked like an animal of some sort.

"We have the strongest army in the land, made up of hundreds of elves all armed to the teeth. The Mistress did try to take Mithreal, but we fought her off," he said simply, kicking dirt over what he had just drawn.

"Why didn't you just stay there?" I said, looking back up at him. Suddenly, he threw the stick to the ground and clenched his fists, looking into my eyes.

"I do not want to talk about it if that is good with you," He shouted, storming off into the forest.  

I just sat there, stunned. What did I say that made im storm off like that?

I didn't know but I had to apologise for whatever I did do.

I walked in the direction that he walked off in, calling his name as I went.

________________

Author's Note

________________

Hi everyone.  

Please vote or comment if you like my book. 

Also, please follow me on wattpad, my name is thebiscuit. If you do follow me, I will tell you when I update a chapter.

I am sorry if I have made any spelling mistakes.

Thankyou for reading.