Chapter Seven: Out of the Forest

________________

Clara's P.O.V

________________

We ran out of the forest as fast as we could.

I stepped out of the shady forest and into a field filled with fresh green grass. I let out a sigh of relief as the rays of sunlight warmed my body. It didn't take me long to cach my breath.  

I turned around and saw Tamries just coming out of the forest. He ran over to me, looking out of breath.  

"What....were....they?" He panted.

"They were ravens. You know? The ones I have been talking abut, they destroyed Basil and are controlled by The Mistress," I answered. I wave of realisation crashed over Tamries.

"Yes, yes, I remember," he said, catching his breath. He was clutching a stitch as well, so he was slighly bent forward.

We stood there for a bit, letting the sun warm us, before Tamries went to sit down on the grass.

"Don't sit down. You'll get cramps from the lactic acid," I yelled at him and he quickly stood up.

"Of course, lactic acid," he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

I rolled my eyes and chucled softly.

"My mother was a doctor before my father was taken by the ravens, she taught me everything I know about medicne," I stated and Tamries looked upset.

"I'm sorry about your father," Tamries said apologeticly.

"It's alright, it was years ago now. After father was taken away, we had to move to Basil because we couldn't afford a better house. But I did like it in Basil, I mean I had loads of friends and eveything, so the move wasn't that bad really," I said casually, shrugging.

I thought of my old life in Basil. About all my friends, my mother and....of Chloe.

I still remember Chloe's body and the memories came flooding back to me. Her body, lying there, still, lifeless. Her expression, blank, fear in her eyes.

My eyes started clouding up with tears and I struggled to hold them back, but it was no use. I fel a cold tear slide down my cheek.

Tamries must have noticed because he quickly said that we should get going.

I snapped back to reality and started to walk to the east.

All of my rage about what happened to Basil made me want to get my revenge on The Mistress even more.

________________

Author's Note

________________

Hi everyone.

I am so sorry about the incredibly short chapter, I will try and make the next one a bit longer.

Please vote and comment or follow me on wattpad if you like my book.

Thankyou for reading.