〚 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 〛

✧༺♥༻∞

hi um i know it's been like
a year LOL but someone 
requested an update so i got
my life together long enough
to release this chapter! <3

we are now at 3k ??? and this book
has only like 6 (now 7) real chapters?
yall are amazing, i love yall sm :")

✧༺♥༻∞

chapter seven

the stars align once more

✧༺♥༻∞

lauren ♥

After replying to Jake's random comment on Dani's phone, I quickly logged out of my account on her phone as I limped over to Dani, trying to ignore the sharp pain from my leg that was still throbbing from last night as I placed my hand on her shoulder, scaring her as I suppressed a faint smile, holding her phone out to her.

"Jeez, Laur! You scared me!" Dani sighed, chuckling as she wrapped an arm around me, causing me to wince before I realized what I'd just done. Her hand happened to have landed on my bruised shoulder from last night, causing me to wince involuntarily as Dani eyed me suspiciously. Her eyes fell on my awkwardly bent leg that I'd been dragging across the floor as calmly as I could, seemingly putting two and two together as her eyes clouded with worry. 

"Jeez, Laur! Are you-" I clapped my hand over her mouth, glaring at her as she looked at me in confusion. I narrowed my eyes at her, daring her to call me out in front of the rest of my sisters who were just a few feet away from us as she hesitated before nodding, gingerly moving my hand away from her mouth as she mimed zipping her mouth.

"It's nothing, Dans...really," I grumbled under my breath as I walked away from Dani as fast as I could, gritting my teeth as I tried my best to ignore the pain. I could feel Dani's anxious green eyes on me as I continued to leave a gap between her and I. She respected the gap, following closely behind but leaving a space between us as I walked behind our sisters, Dani trailing behind me.

I felt horrible for what I'd done, feeling nasty for pushing away the one person who has had my back no matter what. Who, I knew, if I messed up really bad, would stick by me and face the music with me even when it wasn't her problem. Here you go again, Lauren, I chided myself, pushing away people who care.

Do they really though, a little voice in my head that I thought I'd pushed away spoke up. Do they really care? Are they pretending to care just because you're related to them? Maybe Dani doesn't care, maybe she just feels like she has to care. I shoved my hands in my pocket, slumping back into my seat next to Alex, who moved my backpack out of the way for me to sit down as I sighed. I opened my backpack, pulling out my Sad Girls Club hoodie and over my body as I pulled the hood over my head, trying to shut out the rest of the world.