〚 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 〛

✧༺♥༻∞

chapter eight

give you all my attention

✧༺♥༻∞

── hi besties! sry it took so long for
this update lol this book only has 8 chapters
& i'm so sorry i'm the worst at updating </3
this one is for @flipfloppler lol because
you wanted an update,, sorry this chapter

is so short omg idk it's just setting the plot x ──

✧༺♥༻∞

jacob ✰

"Ready for the flight?" Emily asked sweetly as I sat down beside her, nodding as she held out a packet of Flaming Hot Cheetos to me. "I remember these used to be your favourite snacks...and since you gave Lloyd and I money to buy snacks, I got some for you," Emily chirped with a blissful smile as she handed the packet to me, causing me to return her grin. 

"Wow, Em...thanks, really," I thanked her sincerely as I placed the packet on my lap. "What'd you get for yourself? Let me guess...Takis and Glacier Purple Gatorade?" I questioned playfully though I already knew I was correct. Although we didn't spend as much time together as we were when we were kids and used to be thick as thieves, I still knew these little things about Emily, which she seemed surprised to realize as she broke out into a small smile. "I still know you, Ems." 

"And I know you! You're my brother, how could I not?" Emily replied flippantly, leaning over to ruffle my hair fondly as I swatted my younger sister's hands away, jabbing her in the ribs as she let out a squeal, shooting to her feet as she ran over to sit with Percy instead, peering over at whichever RPG game Percy was playing now. Noticing me watching her, she stuck her tongue out at me, causing me to chuckle as I shook my head, pulling my phone out instead.

Disappointed as I was to see no text, I figured that Lauren was too busy to text back. Of course she was, she was famous and probably way too busy to care about me. After all, my uncontrollable spluttering and nervous tics probably scared her off, causing me to mentally kick myself for being such a socially awkward imbecile. 

As my mind wandered off to Lauren for the umpteenth time that day alone, I was startled when Xavier raced over to my side, tapping on my knee as he flashed me a toothy grin. His jacket that was too big on him caused his sleeves to cover his fingers as he pointed to the undone zipper, causing me to smile weakly at my younger brother as I swiftly zipped up his zipper from him, reaching over and placing him on my lap as he wrapped his arms around my neck.

"Our flight's boarding! Jake, watch Xave?" Charlie called out, standing up with his backpack as he handed me Xavier's passport. I nodded in silence as I watched Charlie wrangle my other siblings up, snatching Percy's phone out of his hands to grab his attention as Percy started spewing profanities at our older brother as Emily shushed him, tugging on his hand as she dragged him towards the boarding gate.