Not Without You

I walked down the corridor, to the gargoyle that guarded to the Headmaster's office. I told the password and the gargoyle moved to the side so I could access the staircase. When I wanted to touch the knocker, a voice sounded from inside: "Come in!" I opened the door and my eyes fell on the large desk and Dumbledore, who was sitting behind it and gave me a friendly smile. "You wanted to see me, sir?" I asked quietly, closing the door behind me. "In fact, Severus, sit down." He pointed to the chair in front of the desk, and I sat down on it. "Well, I have a request. You certainly remember the Shrieking Shack in Hogsmeade. We have received the information that a ghoul is living there who apparently caused infernal noise. I want you to go there and get rid of it," Dumbledore said, and folded his hands on his chest. For a moment I looked at him, then I asked: "Me? Why wasn't the gamekeeper entrusted with this task?" "Hagrid is unable to attend it. It would be good if you'd finish it off tomorrow, the villagers feel extremely disturbed. Thank you, Severus." Dumbledore rose, opened a cabinet and began rummaging in it. I watched him for a second, but then I stood up. I left the room slightly annoyed.

Reader's POV

"Hey, Y/N!" Sam, one of my friends, exclaimed and caused me to leave my thoughts. I looked at him with a questioning look and he said: "Did you hear anything new about the teacher-student relationship?" I felt myself blushing and turned my face away from him. "These are just rumors, Sam. And no, I have not."
We sat together in the common room of our house, and for the last half hour I had hardly listened to what the others spoke about. "I'm bored" Ruby, a girl with short dark-blonde hair, muttered. "Let's play truth or dare!" Sam suggested enthusiastically and sat up straight. Ruby gave him a puzzled look, raising an eyebrow. "Oh", made Sam, "I always forget that you grew up in a wizarding family. Truth or Dare is a Muggle game and-" "It's a stupid game," I interjected, chewing on my pencil. "Stop being such a spoilsport, Y/N. So, we sit in a circle and spin a bottle. If it has stopped, the one to which it points has to select either Truth or Dare. If you choose truth, we have to ask you a question. If you choose dare, you have to do something that we decide," Sam said, stood up and came back a little later with an empty bottle of pumpkin juice. Ruby plopped down next to him and they both looked at me expectantly. For a brief moment I looked out the window. The sky was dark blue and the first stars were slowly showing. The moon was crescent shaped and dazzled me nearly, it was that bright.

I sighed, closed my books and trotted over to my friends. Sam grinned excitedly and Ruby still looked rather wary. He reached for the bottle and spinned it. It pointed at Ruby. "So, truth or dare?" Sam asked. "Dare" Ruby said confidently. Sam looked surprised, thought about it for a moment and then announced: "Stand in front of the common room of the Ravenclaws and sing your favorite song out loud." He smirked as she stared at him in shock. We knew that Ruby had a crush on Ethan Bexley for a long time- and he was a Ravenclaw.

Reluctantly Ruby was trotting to the Ravenclaw common room. As we stood in front of it, Sam nudged her gleefully. That made her so angry that we had trouble keeping her from casting a curse on him. After she had promised that she won't cast pimples in Sam's face, she cleared her throat and began to sing timidly.

Move your body like a hairy troll
Learning to rock and roll
Spin around like a crazy elf
Dancin' by himself

Boogie down like a unicorn
No stoppin' till the break of dawn
Put your hands up in the air
Like an ogre, who just don't care

After a few seconds Sam had started wildly laughing and Ruby's hand trembled near her wand. When she reached the chorus, some Ravenclaw students came from their common room to find the source of the noise. Some threw contemptuous glances on Ruby, others stood beside us and watched her. She blushed and her eyes wandered nervously. Even Sam looked around, but he wasn't nervous about the situation, he seemed to be very entertained. It was clear that he was looking for Ethan.
And it didn't take him too long to come around. After a while, he walked along the corridor with a couple of boys and girls (all in Ravenclaw uniforms) to the common room. I wondered yet how I could prevent that Ruby noticed him, but by then it was too late. Her face turned even redder, I would hardly have thought this was possible and her voice trailed off for a moment. It was strange to see her that insecure because usually she was very confident. Meanwhile about twenty students stood around us. Few threw pitying looks at Ruby because they saw clearly that her singing performance wasn't entirely voluntary. But most joined in with Sams laughter and began to ape her or say mean things. Sam fell silent immediately when he noticed that. We just wanted to make the Ravenclaws stop but then Ethan walked briskly past us and stopped right next to Ruby. Her eyes were wide and she stared at the boy beside her. Then he began to sing lustily and even drowned her singing. She gave him a perplexing look and he replied only with a reassuring smile.